SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK P2000 VS SIG P239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK P2000 VS SIG P239 Login/Join 
Picture of Billy346
posted
I'm considering replacing my P239 with an HK P2000.

I love the P239, but if I don't pay perfect attention to my thumbs while shooting my rear thumb rides the slide stop and keeps the slide from locking back when the gun is empty. It's not that big of a deal unless I am expecting a "bang" but get a "click." This can be bad if I actually had to use the gun in self defense. Other than that, I have ZERO complaints.

A while ago, someone posted some pictures where they measured a P239 and a P2000 back to back. I tried to find them in the search function but couldn't find them. If the person who posted those photos is reading this, would he or she please re post them? They are of great help!

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
If you don't get an answer in the next couple days email me and I will take pictures for you. The P2000 is far more size efficient but the P239 still carries a hair better IMO. The P239 has a far better trigger.

I choose the P2000 but ain't nothing wrong with the P239.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Here ya go...

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
NavyGuy's photos helped push me over the edge on buying a P2000. I wanted to try the HK LEM trigger and I like the size of my P239s, so I bought a P2000 V2. The P2000 is a nice size and feels good in the hand. I experienced some irritation from the tip of the trigger, but I fixed that with some file work. I also installed the extended mag catch lever from the HK45C and converted to V1. My biggest beef is that the trigger breaks pretty far back in the trigger guard and my finger tends to slide off the trigger during follow-up shots. YMMV.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Interesting conundrum as they are quite comparable. P239 has a better trigger (if equipped with the SRT). P2K light LEM is a marvel and has a distinct advantage in capacity. About as close to a draw as possible.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Add a Hogue Jr grip to it:

Posts: 531 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
The P2000 is far more size efficient...

I've owned both and the P2000 and the size efficiency seemed to be the biggest difference to me. But both were great guns.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at the P30SK?

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
IMHO, the rear decocker on the P2000 and and P30 is kinda funky (at least for a lefty). I replaced my P239 with the newer VP9sk and really like it. If your heart is set on a P2000, I'd get the LEM version.

Posts: 329 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
I own both and love carrying the Sig. I bought the HK to replace the Sig as my EDC. One point I have found to come out is that the Sig seems to carry better. Its thinner and as such I have relegated it to my EDC when I have to wear a suit or on a date. The HK is ok for shorts and jeans. I really fill the HK has better ergonomics for me.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am glad to see this comparison as I have been thinking about either my P239 or P2000 for CCW. To muddy the waters more, I have an original P225 and the new P225-A1. While the P2000 has additional capacity, I feel that the P239/P225/P225-A1 carry more comfortably with the P225/P225-A1 feeling a bit better in the hand.
Decision, decisions.........

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gatopescado
posted Hide Post
I carry the P2000 in .40 every day, but I don't like to carry it off duty. I got a shield in .40 for that right now. I've been thinking of saving up for a P239 myself. I do love me some Sigs!

I've been carrying the P2000 almost 10 years now and never had any problems, it is rock solid.

Posts: 994 | Location: South Texas | Registered: August 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of the replies. I looked at one in the store and decided to just stick with my P239 for now. The P2000 is bulkier than the P239, and I'm afraid it wouldn't be quite as comfortable being carried IWB as my P239.

Eventually, curiosity may get to me and force me to pick one up. For now, I just might save my pennies for a P220 10mm. Eek

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the P239 and the P2000sk. The sk has been primarily an ankle pistol, while the P239 is great for inside the waistband. I carried my 239 for several years, but it doesnt see a lot of daylight lately. Great pistol.

The first time I held a P239, I was disappointed in the flat front strap. I quickly came to appreciate it, however, and it became my personal carry for years.

After a fairly short time with the HK, the magazine springs all failed, losing tension. I queried HK about it at the time and was told that I had caused it by leaving the magazines loaded. I was told to only liad the magazines prior to use. One of the more stupid bits of counsel I've ever heard regarding firearms.

The LEM trigger is great. The sk is the only HK firearm I've ever had that experienced spring issues.

I've had no issues with the P239.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only downside to the p2000 series is if you have big mitts and a high hold,like I do, the hammer is gonna get you (at least with the da/sa version). I loved the feel of the p2000 I had but every time I grabbed and shot it, the hammer would pinch the webbing of my hand. I wound up selling it and getting a p30sk,which helped immensely and I never had hammer bite again. I had a 230 and 232 at one time and had to sell them because of the same reasons.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
After a fairly short time with the HK, the magazine springs all failed, losing tension. I queried HK about it at the time and was told that I had caused it by leaving the magazines loaded.

Well that's just stupid advice from HK. I've had a P2000 mag loaded to capacity for going on 6 years pulling duty in my office desk drawer. I shoot it empty when I take it to the range which is 5 or 6 times a year and I've never had an issue. I just reload it with fresh HST's and it goes back on stand by.

Did you try some new springs?

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
HK now has finger extensions out for the P30sk/VP9sk that allow you to get a full fingered grip on the pistol. Think Glock with a Pearce +0 on the Glock 26. Highly effective.
So I'd say switch from the 239 to a P30sk in LEM or get a DA/SA and have Robert Burke work the trigger. I think it's what you are looking for. It will be a lighter pistol for ccw with a smaller footprint. It carries very very well.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
HK now has finger extensions out for the P30sk/VP9sk that allow you to get a full fingered grip on the pistol.

But, unless you have seen differently, they will not be available until November. At least that is what HK told me a couple months ago in an email when I asked where I could purchase the 13 round one. For now though I am doing fine with 13 round magazine with flat base plate and X-Grip extender for P2000SK.

Posts: 9741 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post