SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ordered my first new Glock yesterday. IT CAME!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ordered my first new Glock yesterday. IT CAME!!!! Login/Join 
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted
Walked into my local Blue Label dealer and asked for a Glock 40 M.O.S, none in stock but they ordered one for me, $571.50 before tax.

Not sure when it will be in, but this is my first Glock in almost a decade (Owned a Glock 37 that I traded a cheap dining room table for 7 years ago).

This Glock also represents the first 10mm I have ever owned or will have shot. I got it in celebration of my soon to be born son (Aug 23rd Hopefully) and the fact that I just reenlisted in the Army for another 4 years and got my requested duty station of Fairbanks, AK, where I grew up and lived off and on for over a decade before joining the Army. So next May, my little family will be making the trek back home to my cabin and truck that are still up there.

I sold my .44 when I left, and I need another bear gun, so 10mm peaked my interest and then seeing this long slide behemoth, I knew I had to get one.

I'll be ordering a Deltapoint with the built in rear sight, and installing a dawson fiber front sight and a Surefire X300 light.

What kind of action/trigger enhancements can you suggest? I've been balls deep in P320's since late 2014 and haven't done anything with Glocks. I need to hit up "Sheedy Ern Ern" for some $20 mags and maybe some +2 adapters, and find a chest rig of some sort.

IT CAME!!!!!

Sadly I'm not there to receive it though, haha... I gave a wad of cash to our fellow member C_Swimm before I left for NC to put down on it when it came in. I'll snag it next week.

Also ordered are-
FDE Trijicon RMR Type 1, adjustable 3.25 MOA (This will never seen enough rounds to make me feel like I shouldve gotten a Type 2) for under $400 on Amazon.

Dawson fiber fron/black rear cowitness sights

Surefire X300U-A

Granulated Talon grips

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Zacsquatch,

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the flat triggers on mine. I've been running the Suarez tactical triggers and they've been great. You can try emailing and seeing if they have the shoe only. Thats the only internal part I'm really excited about changing, everything else is great from the factory.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
On a side note, this is a great rig for that sidearm.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
On a side note, this is a great rig for that sidearm.

H&K-Guy

Fantastic!!! Thanks for that link!

I do dislike the triggers on glocks quite a bit, I want a one piece trigger, no safety in the middle.

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zacsquatch:
I do dislike the triggers on glocks quite a bit, I want a one piece trigger, no safety in the middle.

I think you might have a problem with that.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Gunfighters Inc. rig is first class.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Is that not a thing?

posted Hide Post
I don't think so - I only use OEM Glock trigger parts, but looking at a lot the aftermarket stuff online, they all seem to have safety tabs on the triggers, albeit smaller / smoother / what have you.

Its an integral part to the Glock safety setup.

If you want a tabless striker fired gun, the P320 is it really. And yes, they don't do 10MM boom of doom.

No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Zac,

I would not disable the safety mechanisms on Glocks. How many times have we seen dancing FBI guys and those who are 'professional enough to handle the Glock fo-tay' fire them negligently.

I recommend you become one with the Glock Safe Action System. Embrace it. Make it yours.

The smooth trigger with trigger safety is probably your best option. You won't even feel the safety tab. The firing pin safety and drop safety complete the package.

Channel your inner Glock, my friend.

If not, you may be interested in at least this upgrade. I'll look around my parts bins and see if I have an extra smooth trigger for you, but don't get your hopes up.

H&K-Guy

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Is that not a thing?

It's unwise.

You can get triggers for your Glock, however, with a much better trigger safety, which sits flush with the trigger when depressed, and fits more precisely.

Try Overwatch Precision triggers. The Falx is curved and looks similar to the factory trigger, and they have flat triggers as well. They come mounted on a glock OEM trigger bar, coated in NP3. I'd stick with a stock trigger bar rather than an aftermarket one, for best reliability.

I picked up a G40 MOS this year, and though I have no plans to mount an optic on it, the little shooting I've done with it has been enjoyable. You'll like it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
After digging around, I found a flat trigger, but it's attached to a regular frame type trigger bar. I'm not sure if that is something you can use or not.

A picture of the part has been sent to the email in your profile.

If you can use the trigger itself, let me know. My email is in my profile.

H&K-Guy

posted Hide Post
My advice on the trigger is if you cannot tolerate it as is out of the box get a different gun!
Too many people will buy for example a Glock then say they want to tinker with the trigger to make if for example more like a 1911- in this case just get a 1911 no amount of tinkering and part replacement is going to make it anything else. Can some “improvements” be made with part swapping ? At times yes but for every part you swap you run the very good risk of decreasing safety or reliability keep this in mind when you start to tinker - a trigger that feels great is only great if it works 100% of the time

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
My advice on the trigger is if you cannot tolerate it as is out of the box get a different gun!
Too many people will buy for example a Glock then say they want to tinker with the trigger to make if for example more like a 1911- in this case just get a 1911 no amount of tinkering and part replacement is going to make it anything else. Can some “improvements” be made with part swapping ? At times yes but for every part you swap you run the very good risk of decreasing safety or reliability keep this in mind when you start to tinker - a trigger that feels great is only great if it works 100% of the time

Hmmmm. M'Kay.

I've installed/upgraded replacement sights, take down bar, trigger, back plate, springs, guiderod, mag release, and such with the following results. Dead. Nuts. Reliability.

Glockmeister, Zev Tech, and GlockWorx have each gotten their share of my monthly paycheck.

I guess your mileage will vary.

I've had such success that my next "Glock" is going to be a Zev Tech FrankenGlock. I foresee no problems.

H&K-Guy

posted Hide Post
There are many trigger systems that use the Glock factory trigger bar but use a different trigger shoe and are completely reliable. I prefer the flat face triggers as the hump on some factory plastic Glock triggers can make your finger sore after a day of shooting them.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the most part, I prefer a stock trigger, but I do use the Glock minus (-) connector.

Recently I did replace the trigger on my G43 with the Falx trigger, mostly because the serrated trigger annoys me, and there's no factory swap like there is a G17 trigger into a G19. I also put a Precision Overwatch trigger in a G34 just to play with it. I probably won't do anything with the trigger on the G40, other than the minus connector.

There's nothing wrong with the stock trigger, and certainly not with the trigger using the factory minus connector. The pistols are extremely reliable, the trigger more than functional, with a clean reset, firm enough to stage properly, and a clean, fairly light let through on the break to enable precision control. They're consistent; the G40 isn't really any different than any other Glock.

The only thing that triggers like the precision overwatch really do is eliminate a bit of takeup and shorten the reset, perhaps, but I'd still go with the factory trigger bar.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree that there are aftermarket triggers, but they all have a safety ‘shoe’ of some sort.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Found a used 40 MOS for cheap. Like many, I swapped out a few parts here and there. Found a Salient flat trigger and changed the connector. Later I added a muzzle brake and then converted it to .38 Super. Kriss Vector mag extensions aren't made for 10mm, but can be modified easily and can work with .38s also. Bought it with a Burris sight as a combo deal. Liked it well enough to get an extra frame so I wouldn't have to swap the same one from 38s to 10mm and back all the time.

So, yeah, the 40 MOS can be just about anything you want it to. To save money, you can sell the parts you aren't going to use to help with the cost.

Let us know when it arrives and your thoughts.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Found a used 40 MOS for cheap. Like many, I swapped out a few parts here and there. Found a Salient flat trigger and changed the connector. Later I added a muzzle brake and then converted it to .38 Super. Kriss Vector mag extensions aren't made for 10mm, but can be modified easily and can work with .38s also. Bought it with a Burris sight as a combo deal. Liked it well enough to get an extra frame so I wouldn't have to swap the same one from 38s to 10mm and back all the time.

So, yeah, the 40 MOS can be just about anything you want it to. To save money, you can sell the parts you aren't going to use to help with the cost.

Let us know when it arrives and your thoughts.

I am very interested in getting a .357 Sig barrel for this thing too, I see Lone Wolf makes one for it.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Hopefully your wait is shorter than mine.
I ordered a BL 20SF about 3 months ago. Still waiting!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well since you’re from Alaska and are going back:
Www.Diamonddcustomleather.com .
Check out their chest rig .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post