SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK P30 SKS V3 owners question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK P30 SKS V3 owners question Login/Join 
posted
I have handled several HK's over the years and like the manual of arms. Particularly the ability of the HK45/USP45 to have a round in the chamber, decocked and safety on which disables the double action trigger pull until the safety is released. Does the P30SKS V3 have the same capability of allowing the safety to be on with the hammer in the decocked position? The reason I ask is that many firearms will not allow the safety to be actuated when the hammer is in the lowered position. One example of this is the 1911. I understand why it is fruitless on the 1911 because of the single action trigger but wonder about the P30 V3 as I have never handled one.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Please post pistol questions in the appropriate forum room.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Yes it does.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I’ve had a P30SKS and a P30LS. Both operate the safety independently of the hammer position. Can also be decocked while the safety is on as the decocker and safety are two different controls.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
Please post pistol questions in the appropriate forum room.

Thanks for moving this, I wasn't sure about posting HK question in the SIG pistol sub forum.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
You also can carry it cocked and locked like a 1911.

Posts: 151 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The great thing about HK's (USP in particular) is that you can pick several different submodes under a given version, like cocked and locked with a DA/SA gun.
The fact that you can't officially change versions in a P30 is a slight irritant, but the safety (LS versions) is the same regardless of version.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post