SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Rail-less and tail-less: the next generation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Rail-less and tail-less: the next generation Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I used to dislike rails, but I'm coming around. But I don't see the point of a beavertail on a P-SIG. The hammer and slide are far enough above your hand, and the grip contoured, that you aren't going to get hammer or slide bite.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would enjoy polymer Sigs in rail-less, too!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might live long enough to begin to understand why one is interested in the appearance when all one sees when using the tool is the sights.

Accuracy, fit to hand/hands, mass, trigger force and feel are of importance.

A one slot cut (rail) under the barrel is highly desirable on a pistol using MantisX, which is a real useful aid to getting better at shooting. Have training pistols without under barrel rail that are going to be augmented so that learning device can be attached.

Now that I think about it, I have seen a positive correlation between ugly firearms and accurate firearms.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I have one gun with a rail, a SIG. It was a gift. Otherwise, I don't need or want handguns with a rail, threaded barrel, forward cocking serrations, skull crusher,etc. They are primarily just affectations to me. Yes, I realize I am in the minority on this. The buying public wants as many features as possible for the money. I have no doubt that "features" are much less expensive for a manufacturer to add,than providing higher quality component parts and greater precision in assembly. Some of my guns have "tails", which prevent hammer bite bloodshed for me. We are fortunate in having so many choices.

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I like rails and beavertails, a lot. My next gun purchase will probably be a Sig P229 Stainless Elite. I do like and own a rail-less P226 though.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
I might live long enough to begin to understand why one is interested in the appearance when all one sees when using the tool is the sights.

Accuracy, fit to hand/hands, mass, trigger force and feel are of importance.

A one slot cut (rail) under the barrel is highly desirable on a pistol using MantisX, which is a real useful aid to getting better at shooting. Have training pistols without under barrel rail that are going to be augmented so that learning device can be attached.

Now that I think about it, I have seen a positive correlation between ugly firearms and accurate firearms.

I guess you can say the same for a car. Why buy a Ferrari when a Kia will also get you where you need to go. I need a rail or a beavertail on a carry gun about as much as I need a vibrating handle on one. I have plenty of guns with rails that I don't use. They are Useless appendages to me. I don't need to get anymore accurate. Razz

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post