SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The P228 - facts, factoids, and opinions ((**Updated** - P226C (aka, PROTO-1) info incorporated into OP))
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The P228 - facts, factoids, and opinions ((**Updated** - P226C (aka, PROTO-1) info incorporated into OP)) Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220parts:
I am scheduling a factory visit to see what is available. They mentioned new equipment was purchased. You never know what is tucked away. Last time it was some beautiful Nill grips and a .357 X5! Wonder if there is sufficient demand for a new batch!

I'm not a betting man, but if I were, I bet folks will sign up for them so fast, you would think it was some kind of panic buying. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
I guess we will see what can be made. May have to settle for stainless again. My account at the factory is still active... Will email details when I have more. It is 06:00 here and time to head back to the USA.

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Any thoughts about them making some more P 210 Legends?

Posts: 2400 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
They are still making P210s. I am getting one delivered To a German dealer in 2 weeks. It is a Super Target In Silver. Can't wait. Post and pics when it is in.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 220parts,

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Thank You Sir! Congratulations, can't wait to see her and naturally your report as to how she shoots.

Posts: 2400 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HawkeyeJohn
posted Hide Post
Every time I see this thread pop up I think it ought to get sticky status (and hopefully inspire similar contributions for other P series pistols).

Thanks again 12131!!!!

Posts: 383 | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Perhaps a new batch of 228s?? We will see.

Did they find some more folded slides somewhere in the back corner of the electrical room? Big Grin Because I remember it was said that the original equipment to make the folded slides were scrapped?

Hey I would even be interested in a factory all-stainless P228 even if it goes against the current accepted definition of what a P228 is/has, i.e., folded carbon steel slide. As long as the the stainless slide has the same profile as the original, preferably with a short extractor (for appearance), and SIG chooses to officially call it a P228, then I would be happy with it.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Perhaps a new batch of 228s?? We will see.

Did they find some more folded slides somewhere in the back corner of the electrical room? Big Grin Because I remember it was said that the original equipment to make the folded slides were scrapped?

Hey I would even be interested in a factory all-stainless P228 even if it goes against the current accepted definition of what a P228 is/has, i.e., folded carbon steel slide. As long as the the stainless slide has the same profile as the original, preferably with a short extractor (for appearance), and SIG chooses to officially call it a P228, then I would be happy with it.

P228 ST has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Big Grin
If it had the long external extractor, then it would be just the M11-A1 ST, wouldn't it? Wink

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Nice post a lot of good info, were the WG
p228 hammers blued or phosphate ?

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Nice post a lot of good info, were the WG
p228 hammers blued or phosphate ?

The only P228s with phosphate internals that I know of are the M11Bs.

Q

Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
Still awaiting word on new 228s... will let you know more when I do...

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
I skimmed through the original post (thanks 12131Smile), but never saw it explicitly stated whether any P228s were ever made with U.S. made frames. Were any of the P229 frames used on P228s made in Exeter?

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure the last couple of batches of 228's were made with 229 railed and non railed frames.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
I skimmed through the original post (thanks 12131Smile), but never saw it explicitly stated whether any P228s were ever made with U.S. made frames. Were any of the P229 frames used on P228s made in Exeter?

I answered your question on another board, but it's good to put it here, also.

Since we're not privvy to the inner working at SIG, we'll have to go by info gathered on the outside.

1- Whether the old frames were P228 or P229 (9) is irrelevant, as they are identical. The exception would be the railed P228, of course, as we know for sure the frame was from the P229 originally.

2- If the frame is not marked "Frame Made In Germany", or if it doesn't have "DE", or if it's not one with the German proof mark, then it's ok, imho, to assume it was made at SIG USA.
For examples, AHU-, AJU-, and AKU-prefixed P228s from late 2012 to early 2013 were all Exeter frames.

Q

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
They are still making P210s. I am getting one delivered To a German dealer in 2 weeks. It is a Super Target In Silver. Can't wait. Post and pics when it is in.
Sweet!

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
Wondering if the 228 Guru or any SF member has a 228 in 9x21??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 220parts,

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wondering if the 228 Guru or any SF member has a 228 in 9x21??

Now there you go, just teasing the Guru and the rest of us. Does this mean you have seen or fondled a 228 in 9x21?

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
I spoke to someone that had seen one in Europe...

It appears to be true:

http://armeriaduepuntisport.it...sauer-p228-9x21.html

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
I spoke to someone that had seen one in Europe...

It appears to be true:

http://armeriaduepuntisport.it...sauer-p228-9x21.html

Question is, is it aftermarket mod, or factory original? More likely aftermarket is my guess.

Umm, btw, ain't no guru here. Just a fellow SIG enthusiast. Smile

Q

Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
Italy does not allow 9x19 for personal use. So any P228, P226, P220... 9mm sold there is 9x21. I own a P220 in 9x21, and am trying to order a p228 in 9x21 from Sig... but that is another story!

Veni, Vidi, Risi