SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The P228 - facts, factoids, and opinions ((**Updated** - P226C (aka, PROTO-1) info incorporated into OP))
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The P228 - facts, factoids, and opinions ((**Updated** - P226C (aka, PROTO-1) info incorporated into OP)) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
After reading all the posts about the M11 pistols, I am lead to wonder if the three different things sold by SIG - M11 etched, M11B, and the M11 not etched could be explained this way - Could the M11B be the alleged 50 that were "released" by the AF, and the etched pieces (unknown quantity) just be railed frames that were mistakenly US marked and could not be sold to the AF, and the unetched M11 be AF overruns? I realize this is a stretch, but if we had more SN to work with, it might become clearer

Posts: 28 | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vincent317
posted Hide Post
Thanks to 12131 for the great information on the P228!

My M11-A1 and KB date code P228s.

Posts: 593 | Location: NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone have information about military holsters for the M11? Attached pics is of the only type holster I have definitely identified as military. https://www.flickr.com/photos/137827852@N06/albums

posted Hide Post
quote:

This explains a lot. I have a kd marked (93?) with gray box and red manual I've had for quite awhile. I carry it often but will soon retire it as I have a p226 legion on the way. (Yes, I drank the kool aide)

Posts: 28 | Registered: April 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
12131, You Da Man!!! Or Old Man of the Forest, one or the other. Great job, and obviously a labor of love.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased not one, but two of the 228 SAS versions from TGS when they were released.

At the time the only Sig pistols I owned were a P229 .40, a P239 9mm, and a P239 SAS2 .40.

I was so enamored with the Pistol, I decided to purchase an extra to give to my son some time in the distant future.

The funny thing is that back then, when I showed off my purchases on my favorite gun forums, I received a bunch of disparaging remarks, that it wasn't a "real" P228.

It is the nicest handling Sig pistol I have ever had the pleasure of shooting. After all of these years I still only put a couple magazines through one of them , and the other one is still NIB in pristine factory condition. I may just hold on to that one for a future trade.

Posts: 45 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great thread, thanks for all the info.

Posts: 1121 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Adding my new JK 1989 P228 Herndon VA example. S/N B1036XX

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Very nice example of an early P228.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Thanks to 12131's posting of a Gunbroker P228 auction photo and dusty3030's post of his beautiful, pristine P228, it appears that the slide on the P228 transitioned from "Made in W Germany" to "Made in Germany" in 1995 somewhere between serial numbers B231 030 and B232 472.

That may be as close as we can get to the actual transition serial number as I do not expect everybody to post their complete P228 serial number on this forum. This is assuming that SIG made a clean break and did not bounce back and forth between the two slides during the transition.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This should help narrow the gap slightly: My B 231 138 is marked : Made in W Germany

NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
I can't tell you how much I appreciate your hard work on this 12131. I means a lot to us all. Like many here, I feel the Sig P228 is the perfect Sig. Not to big or too small, nor too heavy or too light,it is perfect in every way. In power, capacity, accuracy, just perfect. Picking up a 228 is like shaking hands with an old friend, and I can't help but grin whenever I do. Again thanks.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shooter3116:
This should help narrow the gap slightly: My B 231 138 is marked : Made in W Germany

Thanks. I don't know if anybody else cares about this trivial fact except me. Big Grin

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
quote:

Thanks. I don't know if anybody else cares about this trivial fact except me. Big Grin

Ahem... Razz

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sigman88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

12131: What would you say the value of this M11 would be? The only differences are that it has the German case and manual and it does not have the B following M11 on the frame. Thanks! Here is a blurry image of it. I had to expand it to show more details.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigman88,

Posts: 439 | Location: PNW | Registered: January 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
quote:

Ahem... Razz

OK. I figured you were a given. Wink

Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigman88:
quote:

12131: What would you say the value of this M11 would be? The only differences are that it has the German case and manual and it does not have the B following M11 on the frame. Thanks! Here is a blurry image of it. I had to expand it to show more details.

If that is legit, I wonder how it escaped as I have always heard that M11s with fully intact markings were not allowed out into the civilian world?

posted Hide Post
Maybe the "B" is blacked out, like the S/N? Can't quite make out the S/N.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
SN looks like B35xxxx. So, it would be it the same group as the M11Bs.

Btw, Sigman88, do you happen to know the Item Number on the box label? Is it 228-9-SP?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sigman88
posted Hide Post
quote:
SN looks like B35xxxx. So, it would be it the same group as the M11Bs.

Btw, Sigman88, do you happen to know the Item Number on the box label? Is it 228-9-SP?

The pic I have does not show the end of the case. Just the front.

Posts: 439 | Location: PNW | Registered: January 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post