SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P226 Magazine Follower Question??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P226 Magazine Follower Question?? Login/Join 
posted
I have the Sig P226 in 40/357 Sig with standard 12 round magazines. I recently ordered new replacement magazine springs and decided that I may as well also replace the followers. It appears that the followers are the same for 9mm and 40 cal (Of course 357 Sig also) Can this be true?
https://www.midwestgunworks.co...gazine-follower.html
I would appreciate any info or conformation that the followers are in fact the same??
Also, my magazines are the Made in Italy Mac-Gar not the older zipper backs.
Thanks!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh, why do you want to change the followers? They don't wear, and aren't springs that could get weak after a lot of duty cycles. Don't think Mecgar made zipper backs, those are German. Be glad, the zipper back and dovetail backs can crack in the weld, I have one old P220 mag that has done that.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many years ago the P226 40/357 slide release was changed & the mag followers had a problem with pushing the slide release up to catch the slide on the last round. The 40/357 followers were redesigned with a nipple on the edge of the flat. Make sure your replacements are MecGar made.

Yes, followers can get worn & need to be replaced. In my experience many problems can be traced to dirty/greasy mags & worn followers, not springs. Clean your mags as often as you clean your gun. I have had old P228 dovetail mags with weak springs function as well as new MecGar with stiff springs, but I always clean the inside of my mags after every use.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post