SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's out there right now for a .22LR?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's out there right now for a .22LR? Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted
Think I might like a 22 handgun.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
this thread was very helpful...
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1940078874

I agree with the conclusions. It boils down to the Rugers and the Buckmark.

I briefly looked at the GSG 1911, but decided no.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Check this recent thread.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1940078874

Edit: radioman beat me to it.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope you got a stash. I just paid the most I’ve ever paid for 22 just because I wanted to stay above 10k. I feel like I bought into the wrong end of the GameStop squeeze. Lol.

I have a couple Rugers. They are great. Especially when you swap out some parts, think Volquartsen trigger and TandemKross other stuff. I personally would avoid Buckmarks. Guys at my club always have more little “issues” than the Ruger guys. Including that little screw that holds the barrel assembly working its way loose on a couple guys guns. Yes, Rugers can be assembly nightmares but they don’t come apart while shooting either. Ymmv.

My recommendation though is my 2 favorite 22’s. A Kadet conversion on basically your CZ75 frame of choice or a Beretta 87 which is my all time favorite 22 by a large margin.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger Mark II, SP101, GP100, 10/22 as well as Henry lever action rifles have for me, been wonderful options in .22lr. As pedropcola posted, the price of .22lr, like all ammo, is crazy high from just a year ago.

Though I did pick up a box of 500 Remington 22 Thunderbolt for $28.99. One box limit, behind the counter for people picking up a new .22lr option. Hmm, so in reality, those 500 rounds were several hundred dollars. Doh!

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 230 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
22LR is the only ammo round here that seems available, albeit sporadically. Walmart is still selling 100 rounds of Winchester for $8 and change and 100 Remington Sub Sonic for $6.80. Bought two of each today.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish my Walmart still sold ammo.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyone is going to tell you Ruger or Browning.

If you're willing to spend a little more money, not opposed to buying used, and want a classic gun that's more accurate than you, take a look at the SW Model 41. Or a High Standard.

Both classic pistols easily capable of shooting 1.5" groups at 25 yards. Or you could buy a new Ruger and spend $100-300 upgrading the trigger and barrel.

And yeah, ammo prices suck. Just bought the SW41 to try to save money on ammo, and now finding that .22LR ammo costs more than 9mm cost 6 months ago.

Posts: 541 | Location: Gunnison, CO | Registered: March 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One time in my Navy days they had a pistol match league. It never happened before or after but me and my buds jumped on the chance. Went in having no idea what we were shooting. Old 45’s, still pretty old M9’s. No idea. We get there and out come these very nice S&W 41’s. Not even sure why the base had these but it was great. Everybody shot way better than we had any right to. 41’s are outstanding and I agree that’s a great recommendation.

I bet those guns are buried back deep in some armory at NAS Pensacola. Get shot about twice a decade. Lol

Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
22LR is the only ammo round here that seems available, albeit sporadically. Walmart is still selling 100 rounds of Winchester for $8 and change and 100 Remington Sub Sonic for $6.80. Bought two of each today.

Interesting, our Wally's just closed out all ammo & firearms in December - Sebastian, FL

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Good threads on this abound, I have the Ruger Mark IV, if you get the Ruger, get the Mark IV, they made significant improvements on how the firearm disassembles, a major PIA on the older models.

I'd like a Kel-Tec P17, but they are impossible to locate, and when you do the current market has them priced well above the $199 MSRP.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
until recently, I wasn't aware SIG "makes" airpistols. Let alone a CO2 p365. Big Grin They seem to be popular.

I recently bought a pistol on ebay (the way it should be for all guns).

Hopefully, this will pass soon.

https://www.sigsauer.com/airguns.html

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post