SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CANIK Pistols
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CANIK Pistols Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Some Canik questions,
How easily does it detail strip?replace parts?

What night sights fit? Is is proprietary? Or are they patterned after another brand?

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
In case anyone was wondering the Canik's stipple nicely. I tried a talon like stick on grip and did not like it. This is much better.

Looks a lot like the grip texture of my M&P 2.0, this is nicely done!

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P6shooter:
I've owned 3 Caniks. A TP9SA a V2 and an SF. They shot well enough but cosmetically QC was a little hit or miss. Reliability was good however. The most I paid for one new was $349. Your dealer is asking a bit too much for them. Shop around.

The $499 Canik is a premium model, aimed at competition shooting. Its not their bargain basement $300 gun. Its a fantastic price for what you get. Comes with Warren sights ($125+), an improved trigger, and the slide machined for a red dot sight with 4 replaceable inserts.

5-10 years ago a competition gun like this would have set you back at least $1000. Glock and Smith & Wesson and others are now competing in this category, but not at the $499 price range of the Canik.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I just got one.

Me Likey.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I just got one.

Me Likey.

Which model the SFX?

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
There's a gunshow this weekend and the only reason I plan on going it to pick up a TP9 elite.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Caniks are nice shooters but the SA models have had issues with not being drop safe.

http://monderno.com/monderno/c...9-sa-safety-concern/

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
It appeared to be an isolated instance with this specific TP9SA and not endemic to the design. The few TP9SAs that we've had through the shop since I was made aware of this about a year ago had trigger tabs that operated just like they should.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Super Shooter:
Which model the SFX?

Just a regular SF.

quote:
Originally posted by HCM:
The Caniks are nice shooters but the SA models have had issues with not being drop safe.

Fucks sake. First I buy a P320, now those aren't drop safe. Then I buy a Canik and those aren't drop safe. Any wagers on what happens if I buy an HK? Mine probably won't be drop safe.

Oi.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:

http://monderno.com/monderno/c...9-sa-safety-concern/

I tried it on my SFX but I cannot pull the trigger unless the tab is depressed.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Which model the SFX?

Just a regular SF.

quote:

Fucks sake. First I buy a P320, now those aren't drop safe. Then I buy a Canik and those aren't drop safe. Any wagers on what happens if I buy an HK? Mine probably won't be drop safe.

Oi.

Oi...laugh my ass off!

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Which model the SFX?

Just a regular SF.

quote:

Oi.

LOL! Maybe you should get a lanyard.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Some Canik questions,

What night sights fit? Is is proprietary? Or are they patterned after another brand?

The sights on the SFX are Warren Tactical sights so I'm assuming the sight dovetails will take Glock sights. Or is it an M&P cut like I read somewhere.. or Novak cut? HellifIknow.

Field Strip is easy, very Glock like.
Detail strip? Dunno, haven't tried that yet.

Bubbatime,
Did you flip your slide release lever somehow?
Mine looks like Dusty78's photo.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I was going to buy a VP9 before I found out about these. Now I can have 2 Caniks for the price of a VP9.

If I buy an HK now, it'll be to replace the USP Tactical I shouldn't have sold. Man what a fine pistol that is.

Arc.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Some Canik questions,

Not sure about other models, but the SF takes Glock rear and M&P front. Also the "small frame i.e. 17,19, etc." Stick out from the dovetails because of the tapering at the top of the slide. Maybe a G42/43 rear might not stick because in has smaller dimensions, but what would that do to poa/poi? I hate that manufactures will not be up front saying what aftermarket accessories work with their design, I understand that they can not test ALL accessories, but sights, come on!!

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post