SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 FCU Interoperability
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 FCU Interoperability Login/Join 
posted
As anyone swapped out their FCU between 45 ACP and 9mm P320's? I was told they don't, but I did with mine and they worked at least with magazine charges. I'll fire them tomorrow and update the thread.

Posts: 172 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like it should work even though the .45 is a larger magazine well size...please post your findings because many would like to know!

Posts: 30 | Registered: July 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hansgruber:
Seems like it should work even though the .45 is a larger magazine well size...please post your findings because many would like to know!

The search function will show that this has been covered here many times.

---------------The Answer Is There Is No Answer---------------

Posts: 152 | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have read accounts from several people who have tried this and reported that the .45 ACP FCU does function with 9mm/.40/357 SIG uppers and the correct magazines.

SIG does not sanction doing this. I believe that using a .45 FCU with smaller calibers defeats the "magazine safety" aspect of the FCU, i.e, the feature that prevents the slide to be removed if a magazine remains in the pistol.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So as it stands. My P320 45 ACP FCU fits into my P320 9mm perfectly and fired without issue. Zero issues with magazines, feeding, etc. However, my P320 9mm FCU will not function in the P320 45 ACP. Bottom line, the larger 45 ACP magazines are blocked into the 9mm FCU.

Posts: 172 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post