SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Subcompact slide in X-Compact frame
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subcompact slide in X-Compact frame Login/Join 
posted
OK, I've been playing P320 Tinkertoys for about a year now, and I think I've hit the magic combo. After screwing around with mag extensions for the Subcompact, I order the new X-Compact frame and threw the Subcompact upper into it. Bingo! It feels perfect to me. I haven't shot it yet, but I think this will be the ideal belt-carry gun, a G19-beater, at least for me.

I've heard the term "mullet guns" for these short-slide/long-grip combos, but I don't care what they're called -- I like them. Here's my bedside gun, a P320 Carry with a CT green laser:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: toivo,

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love mine in the same combination. Accurate and very concealable. I just bought the FDE last week and add if wanting to change colors, but like the black grip better.

Posts: 191 | Location: TX,USA | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Haven't 'tried on' the x-compact, but I'm wanting to pick up a SC grip/mag for my compact slide for an IWB piece.
The C grip presses on the seats of my car & leaves an imprint (that re-molds to shape, for now) and want to avoid long-term damage there. Plus, the shorter grip should give slightly better concealability.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15323 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It is the perfect combo

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just did the exact same thing to mine and I agree. It's perfect.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

I own a subcompact & have been curious how the Xcompact slide fits on the Subcompact grip.

I would appreciate input from anyone who has tried that setup.

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
How long is the barrel on the subcompact?
How many rounds fit in the Xframe magazine ?

Posts: 1558 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sub Compact and X Compact both use 3.6 inch barrels.
X Compact is 15 rounds. Sub Compact is 12.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Looks like it would be very handy in that configuration; I like it.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
OK, I've been plying P320 Tinkertoys for about a year now, and I think I've hit the magic combo. After screwing around with mag extensions for the Subcompact, I order the new X-Compact frame and threw the Subcompact upper into it. Bingo! It feels perfect to me.

The Sig x-compact IS a subcompact slide on an x-compact frame.

You can put a compact slide or a subcompact slide on the x-compact grip frame, but the factory x-compact pistol is a subcompact slide on the x-compact frame.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
The Sig x-compact IS a subcompact slide on an x-compact frame.

You can put a compact slide or a subcompact slide on the x-compact grip frame, but the factory x-compact pistol is a subcompact slide on the x-compact frame.

Correct -- I'm just happy I could do it with the upper that I already own, without spending the big bucks on the complete X-Compact pistol. I don't need or want the straight trigger or the cutout for electro-optics.

posted Hide Post
I put the straight trigger in mine, as I like it, but have no use for the optic either.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I put the straight trigger in mine, as I like it, but have no use for the optic either.

I've got the skinny curved trigger from the "voluntary upgrade." I like it pretty well, so I haven't felt like I need the straight trigger. I've never tried one, though. Do you find it to be much better?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
quote:

I've got the skinny curved trigger from the "voluntary upgrade." I like it pretty well, so I haven't felt like I need the straight trigger. I've never tried one, though. Do you find it to be much better?

It's probably subjective; I've always used curved triggers. I put a straight trigger on a Glock, and it didn't do much for me. I've used straight and curved trigger faces on 1911's, which move differently, and wasn't enamored.

On the P320, I really do like the straight trigger. I have the Apex Tactical trigger, the Gray Guns, and the Sig factory straight triggers, and I've gone to straight triggers on the P365's as well.

I tried one originally to see if I'd like it, and as it turns out, I like them enough I replaced all the 320 and 365's with straight triggers.

The straight trigger places the finger at the bottom of the trigger, where there's slightly more leverage, and the perception of a light trigger is given by the longer arm. I quite like them. You'd have to try one to see if you feel the same.

Either way, the P320 has a great trigger.

posted Hide Post
Thanks, sns3guppy -- I may go that route one day.