SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    50 year old DS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

50 year old DS Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
Since I know some of you guys love revolvers and since I do also... Photos of my 1968 Detective Special I just acquired. The BK grip adapter make the small service grips feel much better. I'm going to enjoy shooting this one, and intend to occasionally carry it.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2761 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing beats the Colt bluing. A classic.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Yep, I agree. Real craftsman . Love to see the work of skilled craftsman.

Posts: 2761 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It appears to be in fine condition! Congratulations on getting it. I had to sell a later-model DS a whole bunch of years ago, and still regret the loss. If I find another, I'll be buried with it.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
It appears to be in fine condition! Congratulations on getting it. I had to sell a later-model DS a whole bunch of years ago, and still regret the loss. If I find another, I'll be buried with it.

I hear ya. This is the first of the unshrouded barrel DS I have owned. I sold a friend a Nickel DS with shrouded barrel, recently. I tried to buy it back but he loves it. So I found this one. It's a keeper, not perfect by any means but lots of shooting left in it for sure. Added better looking grips ( the ones that came on it had been given a coat of varnish) and a BK grip adapter. Looking forward to some range time with it. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Great little 6-shooters. I have one also - from 1967 - that goes to the range regularly. I think you'll enjoy shooting yours.

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Nice Colt!

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Took the DS out to the range yesterday with 158 gr. Magtech fodder. I shot the gun pretty well, but after about a half a box I was ready for a break. Light weight plus small grips equals a lot of felt recoil. Slightly better than my SW 642 but still a handful. Overall it was fun trip though.