SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig p226 Elite versus Sig Legion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig p226 Elite versus Sig Legion Login/Join 
posted
I'm in the market for a Sig P226 of some flavor. I've narrowed my choice down to a P226 Stainless Elite with 4.4 inch barrel(stainless frame and slide) and the Sig Legion with 4.4 inch barrel. Thoughts on these 2 pistols are much appreciated.

Thanks

Posts: 140 | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The Elite is obviously the heavier gun. But, that is not in all a bad thing. The ST series guns soak up 9mm recoil nicely and will last an eternity. I do think that the beaver tail is a bit big for my tastes.

The Legion has a nice under cut and comes with some really great usable options.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have an Elite P220 SAO and A Legion 226 SAO. The Elite is a bit heavy for carrying all day but a great gun to shoot. I love my Legion 226 SAO, it has become my favorite pistol to shoot.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
The Legion is already a soft shooting gun with nice features. I wouldn't want a 9mm any heavier.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
Ferrari 458 or Porsche 911 Turbo? These are the choices in life you like to have. As for the Sigs, you won't go wrong with either one. I'm a huge fan of all the Elites, especially those with the narrower grips. (The Rosewood, although gorgeous, make for quite a handful.) The SRT is the best handgun trigger that Sig makes, IMHO.

Having said all that, I recently acquired a P226 Legion SAO in 9mm and all I can say is ... WOW! The perfect gun ... period.

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just observed that Sig makes a P226 Elite ASE which looks just like the all stainless steel pistol. It appears the only difference is the frame is an alloy material which results in a weight reduction from 42 ounces for the all steel gun to 34 ounces for the ASE. In addition the ASE is $300+ less expensive. The 34 ounces ASE would definitely be less to carry than the all stainless. Anyone have experience with the ASE?

Thanks.

Posts: 140 | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I got my first Legion recently, a P220, and I love it. I will probably get another P229 one day and it will be a Legion.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post