SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kimber Camp Guard 10mm.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber Camp Guard 10mm. Login/Join 
posted
Did anybody get one of these when they came out a few months back? I have a chance to get one for a VERY good price but I'm interested in getting some feedback first.

Thanks!!!

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Found a Custom Eclipse in 10mm for cheap. Possibly the most unreliable gun I have ever kept for more than a month. Had to do some modifications after I considered throwing it in the woods. Works great now. The Kimber 10mm has since been reengineered since then and the newer ones seem to run fine.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Found a Custom Eclipse in 10mm for cheap. Possibly the most unreliable gun I have ever kept for more than a month. Had to do some modifications after I considered throwing it in the woods. Works great now. The Kimber 10mm has since been reengineered since then and the newer ones seem to run fine.

Thats sort of what I was worried about. I'ts a good deal but another headache is the last thing I need at the moment. I may hold out and get a Dan Wesson or just stick with my Glock 20.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Hold out for the DW!!!!!! You WON’T regret it!!
https://imgur.com/a/xF1oZ
https://imgur.com/a/nfGjn

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That Kimber may be sexier than your Glock, but for back country use I don't see how it could be any better.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

I would consider the Glock 40.

Thats sort of what I was worried about. I'ts a good deal but another headache is the last thing I need at the moment. I may hold out and get a Dan Wesson or just stick with my Glock 20.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may give the new Ruger SR1911 10mm a try. Reviews seem positive so far and it is priced right.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Ruger 1911 in 10mm is an excellent unit at a very reasonable price. The bull-barrel tames much of the muzzle flip, nice thin weapon for IWB and in the woods would deal with 2 or 4 legged threats.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1554 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everybody, I told the guy I'd pass on the camp guard. If feels nice in the hand but I decided that Ill just get a DW down the road and for now continue to enjoy my g20.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
One possibility is getting a G40 MOS slide and swapping back with your G20 for concealed carry.

Your trigger mods (and other modifications) will work with both. Plus it will save you a chunk so you can get a case of 10mm to go with it. Big Grin

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post