SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Selling Guns on consignment during current shortage.,
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Selling Guns on consignment during current shortage., Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
When you guys sell one on consignment, does it have to stay in the shop for 30 days before it can leave?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
When you guys sell one on consignment, does it have to stay in the shop for 30 days before it can leave?

local shop is 90.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:

I give the customer that option,

I will price at what the customer wants it priced at, if it is reasonable,

with the understanding that markets fluctuate ete etc, and we have a bottom dollar for offers,

most of what I have sold went for more, sometimes much more (auction fever,, works for the seller)

I have had a few that wanted me to lower my rate, one insisted 7% was more than enough, (I had previously appraised them for her, and she wanted me to drive an hour+ one way to pick them up, clean them all, and then sell ,, at 7%... nope) and a few that expected a common firearm to sell at new retail, and I could pocket (as my fee) whatever extra I made over that price,

I turned those folks away,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post