SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Would I be doing my Browning Buckmark a disservice? Well, I went and done did it!!!!

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Would I be doing my Browning Buckmark a disservice? Well, I went and done did it!!!! Login/Join 
Proud member of
the vanning collective
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I have a Browning Buckmark with the Camper barrel with fiber optic front sight (pretty sure that is right) with a Tactical Solutions rail and adjustable rear sight.

This little thing is a freaking tack driver and an absolute hoot to shoot. The rear sight is just meh but like I said the gun is a tack driver.

I would like a threaded barrel. Would I be mistaken to put a 5.5" Tactical Solutions threaded barrel and a Red dot along the lines of a Vortex Venom on this thing??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

--------------------------------------
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard

Posts: 17638 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
Picture of dusty3030
posted Hide Post
No because if you don't like it you can switch it right back no problem.

My early 90's Buckmark I bought new will get a tac solutions threaded barrel for a can hopefully this year. I think I'm going to do a 4" though.

Straight shootin!
dusty

Posts: 2971 | Location: Memphis, mf'n, TN | Registered: August 13, 2005Report This Post
Picture of jmarv
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good plan to me! Might as well take advantage of that TS rail by mounting something on it. The first thing i did to my Buckmark was add the TS rail/with sight, and a Bushnell TRS-25. I initially wanted a Burris Fastfire, but chose the red dot mainly for its price.

Joe
_______
P6, P226 .40, P232, SP2009 (Schwyz), P220 9mm (Geneva), P226 9mm (St. Gallen), P320SC

Posts: 463 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 29, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've yet to fire it, but I just put a Burris, Fastfire III on my Buckmark, Contour.

Small, light and doesn't get in the way of vision. I've used the Burris sights in the past with very good results.

Mike

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I'd be wanting the threaded tac sol and a RMR if I were in your shoes.

Posts: 4472 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: February 12, 2003Report This Post
Proud member of
the vanning collective
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I think I'll grab a Vortex Venom tomorrow. I have a Cabelas gift card and a $20 coupon.
Shoot it that way for awhile and when I get around to getting my .22 suppressor I'll grab the Tac Sol barrel.

Soren Kierkegaard

posted Hide Post
Used Burris FF3 for a while. Controls are just not easy to use and had one fail (was eventually replaced by Burris). Now we use Venom on the slides of G34 Gen4 MOS, M&P 9L Pro CORE, and Q5 without problems. Like being able to punch one button to turn on and absolutely love holding another button for 4 seconds always to turn off!

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 343 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Something like this?

Posts: 402 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Report This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
If my wife ever shoots my Buckmark, I think she will forget about my Mosquito (the first handgun she's ever fired) and I'll have to get a second Buckmark for myself. And this looks perfect:
http://www.browning.com/produc...uppressor-ready.html

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 24305 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
Picture of soggy_spinout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
If my wife ever shoots my Buckmark, I think she will forget about my Mosquito (the first handgun she's ever fired) and I'll have to get a second Buckmark for myself. And this looks perfect:
http://www.browning.com/produc...uppressor-ready.html

A true Pic railed bull barrel; now this would be something I'd give up my Hunter for.

Posts: 7326 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My Buck Mark has a Trijicon RMR dual-illuminated sight. Absolutely fantastic.

Posts: 866 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Report This Post
Proud member of
the vanning collective
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kyjondeere:
Something like this?

That is correct. I presume in your opinion I would not be doing it a disservice. I ended up grabbing a Vortex Venom yesterday as I liked it a little better than the Burris.
So I will mount it up and shoot it like this for awhile until I get my .22 suppressor.

Is the compensator worth the $35??

Soren Kierkegaard

posted Hide Post
I love my Buckmark with the Tacsol upgrades.

I think the compensator is more aesthetic than anything, I use it more for a thread protector as I shoot it mostly suppressed. I have other .22 suppressor hosts including a M&P compact and 22/45. The Buckmark is by far my favorite.

Posts: 402 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This one is also a lot of fun which can probably be had for less than the cost of the Buckmark upgrades.

Proud member of
the vanning collective
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Those utilizing the red dot on the Buckmark what range did you sight it in at??

Soren Kierkegaard

posted Hide Post
I sighted mine in at 25 yards.......scary accurate!!

Posts: 3564 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Proud member of
the vanning collective
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Well, part of it at least. I snagged a Vortex Venom from Cabela's the other day. It was $20 cheaper than the Burris is a bit smaller and like someone else pointed out the controls are a little more to be desired. I will wait on the TacSol barrel until I get a suppressor. Kind of pointless without one. So I'll shoot it in the configuration for awhile.
Hopefully it stops raining and I can get out to the range with it tomorrow.

Soren Kierkegaard