SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I want a used G19, but I am Cheap.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want a used G19, but I am Cheap. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I picked up an old Gen 2 Detroit Police trade- in Glock 22 40 frame several years ago. I already had a 17 upper here and IIRC, all I did was swap the ejector assembly over. It's functioned great but I have very little actual cash in the pistol. CCR refinished the slide.(couldn't resist the sale!)

Stock Glock barrel on it. Did have a Lonewolf custom longslide 9mm barrel on it at one time though....

So when the cost is added up, I still have a gun that is not factory assembled for as much or more as factory assembled.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a LoneWolf 40 to 9 barrel in my 23 and 19 magazines works flawlessly.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EDC depusm ?

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Lone Wolf conversion barrel, 9mm magazines.

Was flawless in my G23 and probably the lowest cost/easiest way to do it.

I did the same thing and have never had a single malfunction but I'm afraid to EDC it because everyone tells me I will have malfunctions.

Mine was EDC for a few years, then became my “motorcycle gun”. Never worried to carry it, probably the most shot gun I had at the time. 1500-2000 rounds of 9mm without a single failure.

Not finicky at all, and for the record I am pretty lazy when it comes to cleaning guns. Only clean/lube after multiple range sessions. I’m a fan of TW25B grease cause it lasts longer than oil.

Some folks don’t have a clue as to what they are talking about.

If yours has digested a few hundred rounds without issue, no reason to worry.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
You should not use a conversion barrel for self defense. Your life is worth more than that. Conversion barrels are for target practice.

To the op I would just buy a new/used G19 and sell the 23. Or keep it as a spare.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post