SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger MKIV Lite 22/45 with Volquartsen,TandemKross and now C-More 8MOA!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger MKIV Lite 22/45 with Volquartsen,TandemKross and now C-More 8MOA! Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
Edit: I’ve now mounted a C-More 8MOA red dot in on an Allchin mount. I had to buy some longer screws and fit for length to get a secure mount between the Allchin and the Ruger. Solid though. At some point I’ll get a SS Comp from TandemKross so I can soak it in something better to help get the lead out. For now I scrape the heavy stuff off. I shoot it a lot!

Hard to photo dot,

I'm getting my wife set up for .22 plate matches so she picked out a Ruger MKIV Lite 22/45. I put a Dawson front fiber optic on it for now and broke it in. I wasn't thrilled with the trigger pull and I HATE magazine disconnect safeties. For her as a beginner, it was enough to disturb the sight picture.

Enter Volquartsen. Oh boy! With no trigger pull guage I'm guessing it's half at least. Probably 5-6lbs stock, as heavy or a little more than my stock AR, now it's probably 2.5-3lbs. Much smoother as well. I haven't got the pretravel set to far yet, but it's not a lot anyway. I had to switch to the shorter over travel screw to get the screw head under the trigger face and a better margin for sufficient travel. The trigger is a nice smooth face. It made the gun from a ok gun to a great one. $95 at Brownells.

I would say it's easily as nice as my MKII Competition Target Trigger, it's stock, but I like it.

The kit includes a new trigger, hammer, trigger bar and hammer bushing to eliminate the magazine safety. The magazine safety elimination was a big driver to get the kit but the improvements in pull weight and smoothness was the main thing.

I also installed a TandemKross compensator, not that a .22 needs it, but it should also help the shot timer pick up the shots.

I still need a lower front sight as the rear sight is adjusted all the way up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Riley,

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Riley,

Sounds like something i want to do with my MKIII Hunter.

BTW - you might want to go back, reread the post, and edit as required. Wink lol

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Edited, hopefully I fixed all the issues. Haha. Phone typing.

I highly recommend the kit.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
It also eliminates the bolt hang up. If I lowered the bolt slowly, it would stop half way, so I'd have to let go forward a little harder than I like. Now it's smooth all the way.

Shot it today, super nice! The comp does make it a little louder and probably helps with recoil.

Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Pics or it didn't happen.
Razz

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post

Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:

Nice!!

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I’ve since added a Vortex Venom 3 MOA red dot sight. Shoots awesome. One of these days I’ll find a photo host that I like....

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
That’s nice!!

quote:

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I echo use of V kit in Ruger 22/45 Lite.
Good for bowling pin, but Victory with V light barrel and inexpensive red-dot-sight is even better.

22/45 + V kit and iron sights is a supper practice gun - errors tend to be magnified. Use with a Mantus transducer on its rail makes a first class trainer.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ve since added a Vortex Venom 3 MOA red dot sight. Shoots awesome. One of these days I’ll find a photo host that I like....

I would say that the Vortex Venom is the best low price red dot you can put on these. Cheap, small, and a lifetime warranty.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
Riley, did you install the little spacer they provide (2 different ones... one marked 22/45 & one marked MK IV) for the hammer bushing where it mates with the disconnector ? it says you don't have to but it eliminates some slop in the safety or something. I could not get either of the spacers to fit correctly so left it out.

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Hmm. I didn’t get anything similar in my kit.

EDIT:

Looking at the Instructions , it shows that the kit MAY include those spacers. Mine did not and I don’t feel like there is a need on my gun. The safeties are not that smooth compared to my MKII but I think it’s the the way the levers work. This MKIV had the recall or update safety when I bought it.

Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I am about to drop a bunch of cash to pimp out the same black model Lite...

So everyone agrees on the Volquartsen Accurizing Kit. What else?

TandemKross for muzzle break and everything else?

Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmm. I didn’t get anything similar in my kit.

EDIT:

Looking at the Instructions , it shows that the kit MAY include those spacers. Mine did not and I don’t feel like there is a need on my gun. The safeties are not that smooth compared to my MKII but I think it’s the the way the levers work. This MKIV had the recall or update safety when I bought it.

Thanks Riley !

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
I am about to drop a bunch of cash to pimp out the same black model Lite...

So everyone agrees on the Volquartsen Accurizing Kit. What else?

TandemKross for muzzle break and everything else?

Yep, the Volquartsen kit makes it a completely different gun in my eyes. I just can't deal with bad triggers in rimfire pistols. If you prefer a flat trigger, you can use the Tandemkross Victory trigger in place of the Volquartsen curved trigger..... it works with the rest of the Volquartsen action parts. Tandemkross makes two different compensators now, one is stainless steel and the original is aluminum. Both good from what I've heard from others.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
The TandemKross Trigger may need a little fitting for the Volquartsen kit from what I’ve read. The compensator is kinda loud and collects lead pretty badly and hard to clean. It’s fun and I’m sure it helps some.

As much as I enjoy the MKIV Lite, if I buy a MKIV for me, I’d probably get the bull barrel version.

Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
The TandemKross Trigger may need a little fitting for the Volquartsen kit from what I’ve read. The compensator is kinda loud and collects lead pretty badly and hard to clean. It’s fun and I’m sure it helps some.

As much as I enjoy the MKIV Lite, if I buy a MKIV for me, I’d probably get the bull barrel version.

As in the Standard or Tactical model with a bull barrel? Any reason why over the Lite?

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Coincidentally enough, I just ordered a trigger, comp and sights from Tandemkross last week prior to reading this! I think delivery is today!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
^ You’ll enjoy it!

I would get the MKIV 22/45 Bull barrel because I prefer the weight up front. Like so https://ruger.com/products/mar...pecSheets/40107.html

Buds had 22/45 magazines in a two pack for $25. Good deal ,they’ve gone up a touch but many places are $20 per single mag. https://www.budsgunshop.com/ca...t/711018624/redirect