SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P225A1 mag release reversal?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P225A1 mag release reversal? Login/Join 
posted
Just got a P225A1 and I'm trying to reverse the mag catch, but it's different than the P220, P226.

From internet searches, I have read that is like the P224, where you push in the release, and stick a small punch or paperclip in the hole that is exposed on the other side.

I tried this but I can't seem to get anything to "remove".

Anyone know how this is supposed to work?

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
It sounds similar to the SP2022. See this photo:

MagCatchRelease by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, seems similar. When I push a small punch or paperclip in the hole, I can feel something with a a little spring to it, but the locking piece doesn't come out. I can actually see the locking piece moving further inward.

Do you have to pull on the groove in the side of the plastic locking piece to get it out?

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
As I recall, it is all plastic and no springs, so yes.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post