Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4455 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yes, they're interchangeable. There are no true "Generations" with the P320, but there have been some small tweaks.

There were some internal changes to the milling on the slides over the years, but those won't be noticed by most owners, and won't affect parts compatibility.

There was also a slight change made to the takedown lever. Older P320s will have a raised portion on the takedown lever, while newer P320s will have a flat takedown lever. But the two styles of takedown levers are fully interchangeable.

The only obvious change that could affect interchangeability was made to the slide stop lever. Older P320s will have a larger slide stop lever that extends rearward. Newer P320s will have a smaller slide stop lever that extends forward.

The grip modules were changed slightly to accommodate this change in lever. The small new slide stop lever works with both old and new grip modules. The large old slide stop lever only works with old grip modules.

Sig used to provide new style slide lock levers for free to people who wanted to swap their old style levers out, but I don't know if that's still the case. If yours has the larger old style lever, you could contact Sig Customer Service and see what they say. Changing out the slide stop lever on the FCU is a simple process, if needed.

Other parts and mags are all the same.

Here are some photos for comparison:

Old style slide stop lever and grip (with old style takedown lever):

New style slide stop lever and grip (with new style takedown lever):

New style slide stop lever on old style grip:

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Only thing I'm aware of that might be an issue is if you try to run a upgraded FCU with a slide that hasn't had the cut added for the disconnect. Otherwise everything can mix and match.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent my X-Five back to get fixed in this last recall.

Sent it in with an OEM large tan grip module and the updated/revised FCU worked in it when it came back.

However, the Fire Control Unit does not go into battery when installed in the original X-Five lower grip module (OEM Black, Medium, with the magazine well). The trigger just flops around without engaging the sear because racking the slide doesn't cock the gun.

Same slide, same FCU, only change was the grip module.

I'm not sure if the revisions to an X-Five FCU require the grip module to be modified as well in order to function, but revised X-Five FCU's don't appear to be mix and match with all P320 accessories anymore.

Posts: 50 | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are mags different in the x versions?

Yes, 9mm X mags have a different base to fit the X Grip. I think all new mags may have the new base with a rectangular baseplate button. X mags fit the standard frame.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post