SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Cleaned my revolver today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cleaned my revolver today Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10round:
I was in an M4 armorers class instructed by a Navy specwar guy. He told us how he had tumors in his body from handling CLP for so long. He was blown up in the sandbox from an IED and that's when they doctors found the tumors. Just a word of caution when dealing with CLP and solvents. Nothing wrong with going green.

With all due respect and sympathy, he has no idea what caused those tumors.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
FWIW, It's a good idea to wear gloves when you're using any type of solvent. The manufacturers warnings on the product will advise you of potential known dangers (and hopefully unknown dangers).

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geez that's a lovely Webley...

quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
Coincidence! I cleaned my revolver today as well. But first I had to look for some .455 Mk II reloads that I rolled up last summer(250 gr. lead, mild load of Bullseye), and put 50 rounds through the Mk. VI Webley. Still shoots straight at the advanced age of 101. Used Hoppe's #9 for cleaning.

Posts: 153 | Registered: December 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post