SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    226 Legion SAO Range Holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 Legion SAO Range Holster Login/Join 
posted
Anyone have a link to a good OWB holster for a 226 Legion SAO ? It would be just for range use, no concealed carry .
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Red Hill Tactical. It’s the one I use.

https://www.redhilltactical.co...on-Holster_p_12.html

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I like the Comp-TAC holsters for quick availability.

https://comp-tac.com/internati...et-holster-comp-tac/

Wasn’t a fan of the Red Hill I have. I do like LS Holsters and I’m going to try a Weber Tactical as they have a sale on.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have been using this one from Blackpoint Tactical for more than a year. It is suitable for concealed carry or range use, but no retention device. I really like the fact that there is an indentation in the sweat shield that accommodates the safety.
https://blackpointtactical.com/shop/leather-wing/

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
I have been using this one from Blackpoint Tactical for more than a year. It is suitable for concealed carry or range use, but no retention device. I really like the fact that there is an indentation in the sweat shield that accommodates the safety.
https://blackpointtactical.com/shop/leather-wing/

I have to say that when I first learned of these, they seemed odd. I finally got one, for my 226SAO of all things and find it to be outstanding. The leather wings really do help wrap the gun to your profile and make kydex holsters not feel so blocky. It's an outstanding OWB holster that would suit your needs on the range as well.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
If it's just for range use, and you're not worried about concealment, I don't think you can beat the Safariland 6378 holsters. They're built like tanks, have been around for years, have level II retention, come with belt & paddle attachments, and they're only $37 from Amazon.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have a BlackPoint Tactical Leather Wing for my Sig 226 SAO (Legion). I actually have them for all the pistols I regularly train with.

Posts: 60 | Registered: January 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
If it's just for range use, and you're not worried about concealment, I don't think you can beat the Safariland 6378 holsters. They're built like tanks, have been around for years, have level II retention, come with belt & paddle attachments, and they're only $37 from Amazon.

According to their website Safariland doesn’t make any holster for the SAO Legion.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had no issues stuffing an SAO in a DA/SA bladetech. Who are my go to people on holsters. Get teclok and be happy.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:

According to their website Safariland doesn’t make any holster for the SAO Legion.

I don't know why not. My 226 Legion SAO fits just fine in the old 6378 that I use for my regular 226 & if I loosen the retention screw a little bit it also fits my MK25.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I bought my OWB holsters from Sig, I think they were made by Blackhawk, nice holster and the fit was perfect, all kydex...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
krounds owb fits my rx good.

or you can just get a safariland

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
What I use for mine, and Galco is offering 30% off this week.

https://www.galcogunleather.co...olster_8_4_1023.html

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a couple of items for my 229 Legion SAO and forgot to ad to above, discount code: COSTANZA

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
I use a Safariland 6378 ALS. I replaced the large paddle with a smaller one.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post