SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P238 CS and turn around.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P238 CS and turn around. Login/Join 
posted
I had to send my P238 in for some warranty work and was told the turn around would be about 2 weeks. When I called to check on the status I was told 4 to 6 weeks. Can anyone suggest a 380 pocket pistol for EDC that is not too expensive but dependable. My wife said 4 to 6 weeks was too long to be without an EDC. I think she loves me and wants me safe while I wait.

Posts: 207 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
It won't take that long.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can anyone suggest a 380 pocket pistol for EDC that is not too expensive but dependable.

Ruger LCP, <$200

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Ruger LCP Custom.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about the LCP2?

Posts: 207 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Nobody will convince me to carry a loaded and cocked SAO with only a trigger blade safety.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smith and Wesson Bodyuard.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both the lcp custom and standard lcp. The wife wound up taking the custom and I just bought the Galloway Sweet Pea trigger for the standard lcp and prefer it more. The trigger swap is easy to do and is a vast improvement over the standard.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Nobody will convince me to carry a loaded and cocked SAO with only a trigger blade safety.

I have been doing it for years, P238 & P938. For a long time I did not load the pipe and carried it cocked and safety OFF in my front pocket. Never did the hammer fall accidently. So a full mag. and one in the pipe, safety ON, I feel very comfortable.

Faster horses, younger women,
older whiskey and more money.

Posts: 7 | Location: South Coast of Mississippi | Registered: July 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
LCP2 does not have a traditional safety, only a glock style trigger blade.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
LCP2 does not have a traditional safety, only a glock style trigger blade.

You did not say LCP.
You said "single action only". Those Glock type are striker fire. My mistake.

Faster horses, younger women,
older whiskey and more money.

Posts: 7 | Location: South Coast of Mississippi | Registered: July 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Smith and Wesson Bodyuard.

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 726 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cowboycopus:
You did not say LCP.
You said "single action only". Those Glock type are striker fire. My mistake.

The LCP is hammer fired, semi cocked DAO. The LCP2 is hammer fired SAO with no safety. To carry one chambered it will be a cocked SAO without a safety, unlike the Mustang clones.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
LCP or Kahr CW380

Posts: 26899 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post