SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    365 goes back to Sig failure to RTB
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

365 goes back to Sig failure to RTB Login/Join 
posted
I purchased my 365 in March. Gun runs great 350 rounds in and I get a random failure to return to battery and the problem gets worse. 3 out 10 rounds per magazine. Does not matter what ammo or magazine. When the pistol is clean and lubed it feels gritty.

Anyone else have this issue on the newer pistols?

Posts: 141 | Location: Fort Myers, FL , USA | Registered: March 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
Following

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Have you checked your grip to see if there's any interference with the slide?

Try having a friend or another shooter try it out to see it happens while they shoot it as well.

Curious to see what the issue here is.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
Have you checked your grip to see if there's any interference with the slide?

Try having a friend or another shooter try it out to see it happens while they shoot it as well.

Curious to see what the issue here is.

I talked to Sig the other day about something else and I brought up RTB issues. No surprise Sig stands by their product and blames operator error.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by featherweight:
Anyone else have this issue on the newer pistols?

I bought a 320 and like an idiot, I sent it in to have it "upgraded".

It ruined the trigger pull and it never ran right. Sig's ONLY solution was keep shooting it until it worked itself out.

100% of the problem was the firing pin spring is WAY too strong and would stop the slide short of battery. I had to whack it closed every time. Sig ignored my correspondence and calls to take it back and fix it right.

I have stuck to more reliable brands since this fiasco.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34083 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it was my grip it would have done it in the beginning. It did not start until 300rds in

Posts: 141 | Location: Fort Myers, FL , USA | Registered: March 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I had similar issues with the original p250, it ran for a while and then started to have issues going into battery, which progressively got worse until it finally refused to ever go into battery.

Tossed it into the safe in it's box where it sat for over a year. Finally decided to call Sig and ask about it, they sent a postage paid pickup tag, took it back and returned in a few days fixed and running fine.

Couldn't trust it so traded it in, but Sig's stood behind it and CS was pleasant and easy to deal with...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke to Sig customer service today. Very nice interaction and experience. Sig is replacing the fire control group in my pistol. Apparently the slide was interacting with the fire control group causing the failure.

The only down side is a new ATF form and probably fees from my FFL for transfer and background check.

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I would ask Sig to pick up any charges, it is their fault to begin with.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
I'm in FL. I thought you could ship a gun back to the manufacturer directly and them back to you with no FFL? I agree Sig should pick up any shipping charges.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent a brand new 320 X5 back to Sig due to finish issues, they send me a return label so they should send you one if they haven't already.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wasabi:
I'm in FL. I thought you could ship a gun back to the manufacturer directly and them back to you with no FFL? I agree Sig should pick up any shipping charges.

You are correct; however, the fire control group is the serialized part. The new part changes the SN of the firearm.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:
I sent a brand new 320 X5 back to Sig due to finish issues, they send me a return label so they should send you one if they haven't already.

Sig did send me a return label for the shipping.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I would ask Sig to pick up any charges, it is their fault to begin with.

I will once I know the expenses. No sense in asking for something until I know what the expenses. I am sure they will make it up with items from the Sig store.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
unless you physically broke something then it's going to be a warranty claim, sig will fix it and as long as it remains the same SN it should be shipped back to you.

If they have to replace the FCU with a new one and new SN you'll have to pickup at a LGS.

My buddy did the P320 recall, during test fires a round blew up the slide and FCU, Sig didn't say what or how just that they were sending him a new gun.

Since it was a new gun (SN) he had to pickup at the LGS. No fees or costs were paid by him.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My overall thoughts are the micro compact guns may be hard to run reliably. I had a few Kimber Solos that we’re jam o matics with the right ammo.

The Shield and the Glock 43 maybe as small as you can go with the browning tilt barrel design in 9mm for reliability.

posted Hide Post
Pistol is running well after 300 rds. There were a few RTB in the first 100rds. I will a tribute that to break in. The last 200rds the gun has run well with no issues.

Sig provided me a new 12rd mag to offset my expenses.

posted Hide Post
I was just going to mention that. If they have to return a gun via FFL they offer to compensate you, usually a mag or something similar.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
unless you physically broke something then it's going to be a warranty claim, sig will fix it and as long as it remains the same SN it should be shipped back to you.

If they have to replace the FCU with a new one and new SN you'll have to pickup at a LGS.

My buddy did the P320 recall, during test fires a round blew up the slide and FCU, Sig didn't say what or how just that they were sending him a new gun.

Since it was a new gun (SN) he had to pickup at the LGS. No fees or costs were paid by him.

That's a far sight better than S&W did when I tried to warranty a split pistol with them...refusal, then the claim that they'd replace it under warranty...by charging me more for the "replacement" than retail.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post