SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43 malfunction
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43 malfunction Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Is it acceptable to simply say it doesn't like the Gold Dots and try Federal HST for a carry load?

Posts: 143 | Registered: August 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slimjim9:
Is it acceptable to simply say it doesn't like the Gold Dots and try Federal HST for a carry load?

If that's what you're finding then yes. Frankly, Gold Dots in general have caused the most cycling problems with my guns, though most of these have been with 45AUTO, not 9mm. Neither of my P220s and their cache of factory and ACT magazines will cycle Gold Dots reliably. And both my old departed Sp*#!!@*#ld Loaded and my new Colt M45A1 hiccuped with those as well.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slimjim9:
Not in my book.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
It is not acceptable to me at all. I'd rather get a different gun than compromise on my bullet choices. This isn't .22LR we're talking about.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Agree - I would not be comfortable with that particular gun at all. All of my Glocks will eat anything I feed them, the G43 should be no different. I could see a round or two having an issue over time as any pistol can choke at some point but to have it do so repeatedly with specific ammo would be a concern in a defensive/carry gun.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This pistol is properly cleaned and lubricated? The antiseize that's in the pistol as it came from the factory is removed, the pistol cleaned, and lubricated?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sns3guppy,

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Always, cleaned and lubricated. This is not my first rodeo.

I just got back from a visit with my LGS. He shot it and could not duplicate the issue. I did it on 2nd magazine. He says I can't get a good enough grip on it and making it short stroke. I do have big hands, my ring finger barely makes it onto the bottom of the grip. Even with the plus 1 extension my pinky doesn't get good engagement on it. So no matter how strong I hold it, it's just moving around in my hands too much. Why it only happens on last round, every single time? Damned if I know.

We put a Hogue slip on grip on it and I really like the feel of it. Definitely feels more secure in my hand. Will shoot it tomorrow and see how it goes.

I also fell in love with a Sig 938 while I was there so who knows what my glock future holds Big Grin Eek

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, this is a shooter-induced issue.

posted Hide Post
If it's a matter of not getting enough grip on the pistol, even with a +1 extension, try a Taran Tactical + 2 extension. For me, it makes the pistol darn near perfect and it's not any harder to conceal in a Crossbreed Mini Tuck holster.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Th OP needs to find a different model of pistol. Simple as that.

Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
The Hogue grip appears to have made a difference. Fired 6 magazines of +p gold dots today without any hiccups. Now that I'm paying attention more though I am noticing having to adjust my grip sometimes during a string of fire. Not sure I'm going to gain any confidence with it though being carried for defensive use. I have stretched myself thin financially simply by stepping away from my 442 revolver, didn't have a choice though with my wrist issues. Just trying to find something I can depend on that I can also shoot decently. Red Face