SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I finally did it !
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I finally did it ! Login/Join 
posted
In a previous post The author mentioned that you guys are a bad influence. Well, chalk up another one that fell under your influence.

When the Sig 365 was first announced I knew that one day I would own one, however, there was a great deal of bad press when it first came out so I decided to wait. I have been Slimming down my safe and I brought two guns to my favorite gun shop and got an even swap on a brand new P365.

My first range trip was yesterday I put 120 rounds of self-defense factory ammo through it. Using four different brands and types of hollow points the gun got stuck on 147 grain HST. This ammo has a long ogive and a big hollow cavity so I’m Not surprised that it jammed with this ammo. The other three types ran perfectly. I’ll be carrying it with Hornady Critical Defense 115 gr. Which seemed most accurate.

All the positive things you guys said I found to be true in such a small gun. I was also very pleased that the infamous drag Mark on the primer did not exist at all in this gun. I had a perfect round dent in all my primers.....glad to see that. What makes me even happier is that I can pocket carry it and it feels lighter than the Glock 43 I have been carrying. They are actually about the same weight.

Now all I need is a few extra mags. If anyone has a lead on where to buy them I would appreciate that information. I know they are quite expensive.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
If 147gr HST is your preference, give the little pistol sometime and try it again. It may work for you with a little 'break in'. That's what I carry in mine.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
If 147gr HST is your preference, give the little pistol sometime and try it again. It may work for you with a little 'break in'. That's what I carry in mine.

I ended up going with 124 grain Sig Vcrown just off accuracy alone, but the HST 147 grain ran fine through mine. My XL too. Much less snap too, but there was a noticeable difference in accuracy.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
What setup are you using for pocket carry?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG! It's about time you got the 365! Congrats

Posts: 50 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I love my P365.

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new pistol!

My P365 eats 147gr HST just fine, it is my preferred carry load.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fold. They are an amazing platform but mags seem to be hovering around the $36.00 mark, from my findings. I am sure eventually they will become a little bit cheaper.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The thread title made me think he finally read the waiver.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
What setup are you using for pocket carry?

Right now I am using a cheap Uncle Mike #4. I have tried other pocket holsters for my other carry guns but I have yet to find anything I like better or works better than Uncle Mike. They wear out in about a year, but for $9 I can easily replace them once a year. I like that they are soft and cause no damage on any gun I ever carried in one.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
The thread title made me think he finally read the waiver.

Made me wonder when this will get locked.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/4860079934/p/1

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another 147 grain HST carrier in my P365. Shoots well, good enough for head shots at 50’ with ease.
Usually carried in a Mika pocket holster (from my PM9)
Awesome gun

Posts: 276 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just went back and read the waiver and I do apologize if I offended anyone with my post I am not in the habit of doing such things again I apologize

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Congrats on your new pistol!

My P365 eats 147gr HST just fine, it is my preferred carry load.

Same for me.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post