New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 USPSA Login/Join 
posted
Anybody got one of these?
P226 USPSA model
Never seen one except for the one I have.
How many were made?

The Pirahna G10 grips are great

Fun to shoot, but with the FO front sight it shoots way low unless you change how you align front to rear

Posts: 19 | Registered: September 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Very nice P226 you have there! It's basically a P226 Elite with USPSA engraved on the slide. Love the grips. No idea how many were made, but this model was only available for a year or two.

Dawson has various different height front fiber optic sights available. You can fine tune the point of impact by swapping out the front sight. To raise the POI, substitute a lower height front sight. If you don't have the tools, you could send your slide to Robert Burke and he will do the swap for you.

Enjoy shooting that nice SIG.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly there are two versions of this model. Yours should be a hard anodized aluminum frame. The other is a natural finish stainless frame. The stainless frame is the one I would prefer. They come up infrequently on GB but the bidding goes up very rapidly.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1532 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Those are not the factory grips. They had standard black plastic grips. They made 2 one like yours in Nitron with nickel controls and a reverse two tone with a Stainless frame.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I added the G10 grips. It came to me with the standard black which were a bit too fat for me.

posted Hide Post
Here's a pic of the stainless version. I personally don't love the USPSA engraving, but it's quite a shooter. I bought it used a few years ago with a Gray action job already done for a very reasonable price. FWIW, I added a pair of Dawsons to get it printing to my desired POA.

Posts: 280 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. I'll keep the Dawson's in mind
Thanks

posted Hide Post
They should have made at least 2,000 units, as that is the minimum to get on the USPSA approved Production gun list. What a beauty you got there. Those grips really set it off!

Posts: 71 | Location: KCMO | Registered: October 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post