SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP2022 -- thinking of getting one... (Update ---- got one)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 -- thinking of getting one... (Update ---- got one) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Got one maybe five years ago for just under $400 out the door. Two grips, contrast sights, one mag and laser sight attachment.

Was fitted very tight and jammed out of the box, but after break in seems good. Can see a lot of wear marks around the breech end of barrel and slide rails.

Sig had sighted for what they call "combat sight" where you have to fully cover target. To me just an excuse for poor sight regulation. But a higher rear sight from CDNN corrected, so I have sight picture with point of impact off top of front sight.

Nice pistol with very nice trigger. However, too big for me to conceal so mainly a range gun.

davemercer

Posts: 936 | Location: NE USA | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Hey Sox,

There are a few more holster makers that are going to be offering their holsters for the 2022 that previously weren't.

As to the future of the 2022, I know that there has been much discussion at SIG HQ. I know a lot of ideas are being tossed around. What the final outcome will be is what I don't know. I think the minimum will be a "custom production" 2022 (think Legion without the Legion price tag).

I must have...

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want a somewhat less costly mag that has more capacity, the mec gar is a good choice. It appears they make original equipment sig mags. Link
http://gregcotellc.com/cart/si...sp917afc-p-1050.html

davemercer

Posts: 936 | Location: NE USA | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
A four round group I shot this morning from seven yards. (I chickened out after four Smile)

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
There's really nothing else I can add that hasn't already been said here about the SP2022. I love mine and carry it daily, using a homemade leather/kydex IWB holster. It is also my home-defense gun at night as it came with Sig night sights on it.

My favorite LGS had it on sale last year; two-tone with NS, paddle holster and two mags for $479.00, so how could I resist? It is the third 2022 I've owned (I've also had several 2340's), and this time I won't be stupid enough to let it go!!! When finances forced the sale of all of my guns except one, THIS is the Sig I chose to keep as it was my favorite and most accurate, even above all of my classic P-series Sigs! Eek

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are fantastic. This is the pistol I recommend to every first time pistol buyer.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both a 9mm and .40. Both were $400 with night sights. Fantastic guns for the price. Spare mags show up in the classifieds for reasonable prices if you are patient.

P220 (.45)
P225
P226 (9mm)
P228
P229 (.40)
P365
P6
SP2022 (9mm & .40)

"...it's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it." - Clarence Worley in True Romance

Posts: 375 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought mine with night sights about 9 years ago and it has been a joy to shoot. I only did one modification. I liked the large grip to lengthen the trigger pull. I strippled the back of the grip because it was slick. I don't understand why Sig did not do this. Great pistol!

Posts: 75 | Registered: December 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Another good deal on a TGS 2022. $399

https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...d-sights.-da-sa.html

Tom and crew keeps cranking the deals out.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish some used police SPC sized guns would come over from europe, either 2009's or 2022 SPC's.

I hope the proposed redesign incorporates both a compact and subcompact variant.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post