SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP2022 -- thinking of getting one... (Update ---- got one)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 -- thinking of getting one... (Update ---- got one) Login/Join 
Picture of Ofc.JR
posted Hide Post
The Dept I got on with 10 years ago were issuing .40 229's at the time. They let me order what I wanted and due to weight, I got a new 2340 and loved it. Easy to use and carry, quick to field strip and easy to completely dis-assemble. I ordered and put a .357 SIG barrel in it for when I traveled. That 2340 handled recoil really well, and I always scored high with it. I miss it to this day. I never did understand why more people did not buy or use this pistol, as it was just so great. Of course, all kidding aside, the French Gendarme carry 2022's now, and are having to put them to good use. They don't seem to have any problems with them, and are seemingly using them to good effect when needed. Good for our French Brothers in Blue. Bonne chasse, Mes frères!
A person can't go wrong w/ a 2022.

"Cry Havoc and let slip..."
"Sic Semper Tyrannis!!"

Posts: 46 | Location: High Plains of Texas | Registered: December 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Tgrshrk99:
Does the SP2022 take the same sights as the classic P-series?

Yes. I just ordered a set of Trijicon HD XR's for mine. I've got another gun coming and will probably try the Proctor Y Notch on it.

https://trijicon.com/na_en/pro...duct3.php?pid=SG101O

https://trijicon.com/na_en/pro...p?pid=SG601-C-600866

I need to get of suppressor height sights for mine since adding the TB same goes for my 226.

Any suggestions??

It appears that there are few choices. Trijicon seems to be the best bet.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en...p?pid=SG201-C-600907

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Next up is choosing a holster. Although the package comes with a holster, I'll be looking for a good IWB in the $100 range. Any suggestions from anyone?

Holsters are the only real trick. I've browsed more than a few companies and few of the bigger names offer stuff for the 2022.

Right now, I would go one of two places. Milt Sparks will custom make a leather VMII for it (not a stocking item that I can find and it will be more than you wish to spend) or a IWB from Ozarks. I'm going to go the Ozarks route. I've got an older Comptac that is no longer made that I am currently using. Ozarks is the only company that I have found that offers their complete line with selections for the 2022. Plus, Dustin is a forum member and a great dude.

I suspect in the next little bit, more companies will probably have offerings. Safariland is down to only having two holsters that they offer for duty use. The 2022 will never be a duty gun for me, but I'll use it to teach LE only classes in the future.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always considered the additional 1/3" height and length of the 2022 over the 229 to be significant. Since I still haven't found a 229 in my price range (retired and on SS), I guess I should look again...

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tgrshrk99:
Does the SP2022 take the same sights as the classic P-series?

Yes

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I've always considered the additional 1/3" height and length of the 2022 over the 229 to be significant. Since I still haven't found a 229 in my price range (retired and on SS), I guess I should look again...

They are the same height with the flat magazine base plate from ROCO systems.

https://www.rocosystems.com/pr.../magazine-base-plase

P226, SP2022, P229 lined up on end.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
sadly, the Roco base plates are out of stock. anyone else offer something similar?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10923 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not much info on that linked page, either, so can you tell me if the flat base plate still allows the full 12-round capacity? I'd order a handful of them, even at that outrageous price, if I get a 2022.

Thanks for the pics, grumpy1. I have to say, the 2022 does look a lot longer than the 229, even if it's only 1/3" in real life.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The base pad does allow the full capacity of the magazine.

I guess that I'll go ahead and announce that we are currently working with a company to produce an enhanced basepad that will be available soon. I'm hoping it will be in the same price range and that this will fill the void in the market.

www.opspectraining.com

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
What's the reason everyone hates the stock base plate? I like the pinky rest.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
It's less concealable than the flat. My carry mag is flat. My reload mag is standard

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess that I'll go ahead and announce that we are currently working with a company to produce an enhanced basepad that will be available soon. I'm hoping it will be in the same price range and that this will fill the void in the market.

That's great news!
I'll try to wait patiently then Smile

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
What's the reason everyone hates the stock base plate? I like the pinky rest.

To me, with my small hands, the flat base plate made the SP2022 an entirely different feeling animal.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my 2022 in two tone with the Sig lazer for $400 a couple years ago. I shoot this better than I do the more costly P226.. Go figure.

Get it. You won't be sorry

Posts: 19 | Registered: September 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6owner
posted Hide Post
quote:
The base pad does allow the full capacity of the magazine.

I am patiently awaiting this. The roco systems have been out of stock for awhile now. I don't think they are making anytime soon either.

"What is best in life?"
"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Posts: 276 | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Well, I got the high cap SP2022 package from TGS, with transfer via my local pawn shop.

I have yet to shoot it, and I may not get to until October.

Next task is to go for that rebate......

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10923 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Nice. Go wear it out.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And Dustin Osborn makes a great 2022 holster!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JL, why new holsters "in the next little bit?" Is there something new on the horizon? Like updated 2022, you are hinting at? I

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Hey Sox,

There are a few more holster makers that are going to be offering their holsters for the 2022 that previously weren't.

As to the future of the 2022, I know that there has been much discussion at SIG HQ. I know a lot of ideas are being tossed around. What the final outcome will be is what I don't know. I think the minimum will be a "custom production" 2022 (think Legion without the Legion price tag).

www.opspectraining.com