SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP2022 -- thinking of getting one... (Update ---- got one)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 -- thinking of getting one... (Update ---- got one) Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have a German Ilfalon one that I paid $280 for out the door at my favorite pawn shop three years ago.

Reliable, smooth, and very accurate. I love this gun. I now have 5 mags for it. Two 15s and three 17s (go SigForum Classifieds). Never a problem with this gun, and it just fits.

My future son in law prefers it to my 228; heresy I know, but it really is that good.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:
...Unfortunately, it's a very poor choice for practicing clearing failures...

I probably should know what this means in relation directly to the 2022 as opposed to any other semi, as I've had one for years, but I don't.

Unless of course you are being facetious...and in that case I get it and would concur.

Yes, just joking. Zero problems from this "budget" gun. Every bit reliable and nice as a P Series. If I had limited funds and could only buy one new gun in my lifetime for under $500.00, it would be the SP2022. The only complaint I have is take up, and it's a very minor compliant.

Ah, got it. Shot mine this afternoon. Another ho-hum 50 rounds through it. Wink

Unfortunately it is boring how absolutely reliable and accurate it is. Makes shooting kind of boring with the ease of ragged holes one can make.

This is her shooting at ten yards. I still tease her about the three flyers. Wink

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome gun. I had the German and sadly needed to sell it to finance other guns but really a great reliable accurate gun. It CAN be put into CC IWB duty if needed, AND a great range gun AND a great home defense.

Posts: 1396 | Location: King of Prussia PA | Registered: September 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is her shooting at ten yards. I still tease her about the three flyers. Wink

Horrid shooting, indeed. Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Just ran across this on TGS website. Basically a 2022 TacOps. Gun, el cheapo holster, and four 17 round mags. $479

http://www.topgunsupply.com/si...-17rd-magazines.html

With the rebate that would put you into the gun, holster, bag and six mags for around $500 with transfer or taxes and whatnot.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Just ran across this on TGS website. Basically a 2022 TacOps. Gun, el cheapo holster, and four 17 round mags. $479

With the rebate that would put you into the gun, holster, bag and six mags for around $500 with transfer or taxes and whatnot.

Geesh! With four +2 mags how the heck can a guy without one not take advantage of that? Maybe even a guy already with one... Wink

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Once you have the mags, the second and third pistol become so easy to pick up...

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Heck, I still have a 2340 in 357sig, never an issue shooting anything - just like Skins2881. It has been replaced by sexier 229, 239 and 224's - and now serves duty in a room of my house as one of my hidden gun's. It gets shot and cleaned about once a year and I am 100% confident it would be up to the task if ever needed.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Geesh! With four +2 mags how the heck can a guy without one not take advantage of that? Maybe even a guy already with one... Wink

Trying to figure out if the rebate covers this kit... Looks like that SKU is not covered. Still a good deal I think.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Does the SP2022 take the same sights as the classic P-series?

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kgray01
posted Hide Post
I haven't regretted my 2022 purchases...

1 Sam. 15:28

Posts: 313 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
It's my understanding that a very eminent member of this forum has the 2022 as their CCW choice.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tgrshrk99:

Yes. I just ordered a set of Trijicon HD XR's for mine. I've got another gun coming and will probably try the Proctor Y Notch on it.

https://trijicon.com/na_en/pro...duct3.php?pid=SG101O

https://trijicon.com/na_en/pro...p?pid=SG601-C-600866

www.opspectraining.com

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tgrshrk99:

Yes. I just ordered a set of Trijicon HD XR's for mine. I've got another gun coming and will probably try the Proctor Y Notch on it.

https://trijicon.com/na_en/pro...duct3.php?pid=SG101O

https://trijicon.com/na_en/pro...p?pid=SG601-C-600866

I need to get of suppressor height sights for mine since adding the TB same goes for my 226.

Any suggestions??

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
It's my understanding that a very eminent member of this forum has the 2022 as their CCW choice.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. But what does Bruce Gray have to say about the SP2022?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Trying to figure out if the rebate covers this kit... Looks like that SKU is not covered. Still a good deal I think.[/QUOTE]

That is the SKU TGS came up with to include the 4 17 round mags, the SKU on the firearm is still, "SP2022-9-B"

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I picked up my first 2022 in 2006 for $569, back when they were "full price" and didn't have the LCI. Wasn't too long after that the price dropped on them. Just my luck LOL.

IMHO, it has the best out-of-the-box DA/SA trigger out there.

Mine, sadly, sat in the safe for the longest time. I originally purchased it as my CCW, but after a year or so I moved to the M&P line. Ended up selling it to a co-worker a few years ago in a silly effort to thin the herd.

It's the only pistol I've ever regretted selling. But I saw the error of my ways and picked up one a few months ago. Big Grin

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
quote:

Trying to figure out if the rebate covers this kit... Looks like that SKU is not covered. Still a good deal I think.

quote:
Originally posted by squad13: That is the SKU TGS came up with to include the 4 17 round mags, the SKU on the firearm is still, "SP2022-9-B"

Correct. That is our in house SKU for the package. The firearm box has the SP2022-9-B SKU.

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Those of you who've known me for a while, know I favour the SIG PRO 9 as a primary carry pistol. It is by far the best value proposition offered in a first-quality service pistol. Part for part, top to bottom they are technically and qualitatively comparable to the more recognized top-end polymer framed DA/SA guns, at literalky half the price. And as much as I love the P228, it does nothing better than the SP2022. I'm still carrying mine daily, and still teach with it, ten years on now.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun Supply:
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by squad13: That is the SKU TGS came up with to include the 4 17 round mags, the SKU on the firearm is still, "SP2022-9-B"

Correct. That is our in house SKU for the package. The firearm box has the SP2022-9-B SKU.

Awesome. I ended up ordering this package.
Couldn't pass this up... Highly recommended pistol from several of our forum experts, buying from a really good dealer. And now, as icing on the cake, a rebate!!!

Next up is choosing a holster. Although the package comes with a holster, I'll be looking for a good IWB in the $100 range. Any suggestions from anyone?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post