SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP2022 -- thinking of getting one... (Update ---- got one)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 -- thinking of getting one... (Update ---- got one) Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted
The idea of a hammer and Sig and Polymer is appealing.

But have they suddenly jumped in price? When I was looking about 3 years ago, I swear they were about $200 cheaper -- or am I confused?

any reason (other than cost) to not get one?

reliable?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: radioman,

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10909 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
The sweet spot for the SIGPro usually hovers in the $300-400 area...any less is an even bigger steal than they already are...

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
SP2022 is a fine pistol. Girlfriend has 4-5,000 rounds through hers and never once a reliability issue. Unfortunately, it's a very poor choice for practicing clearing failures.

Great trigger, in fact awesome trigger. Only draw back is it's a little longer than most SIGs, but smooth and predictable.

I Think I bought hers at $464 a few years back on a screw up on GB fat fingered by bid, they were $429 at Bud's at the time. I just did a quick search they are going for $485 at bud's currently. So about $50 higher than when I bought one. I am sure you could find it cheaper if you looked harder than the one site I checked.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
For the longest time they were $350-400, especially the two tones. It does appear they've crept up a bit. Currently $430 +ship at TGS: http://www.topgunsupply.com/si...d-sights.-da-sa.html

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unfortunately, it's a very poor choice for practicing clearing failures.

Get her a cheap 22 semi auto and run Golden Bullets. That will allow for plenty of practice. I really like my SP 2022. Great shooter and reliable. Had it awhile.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
And now I see there is a REBATE until October where I can get a couple of mags and a bag.

tempting..... I love rebates Smile

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10909 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
...Unfortunately, it's a very poor choice for practicing clearing failures...

I probably should know what this means in relation directly to the 2022 as opposed to any other semi, as I've had one for years, but I don't.

Unless of course you are being facetious...and in that case I get it and would concur.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
I wish I would have picked one up when they were $300.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
The idea of a hammer and Sig and Polymer is appealing.

But have they suddenly jumped in price? When I was looking about 3 years ago, I swear they were about $200 cheaper -- or am I confused?

any reason (other than cost) to not get one?

reliable?

Pay me now or pay me later. Mags ain't so cheap now.

Posts: 3510 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I grabbed mine a couple years back from Bud's for $429 if I remember correctly. It is quite the shooter. I got the Swiss framed proprietary rail model pictured above. I have since added a Gemtec threaded barrel as they were on clearance for like $85. Shoots just as sweet as with the factory barrel just a bit quieter paired to the TiRant.
Under $500 it is a steal.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Huge fan of the 2022. I've owned several over the years and always made the mistake of not taking the gun seriously. It is a great size, great for IDPA. They have an outstanding trigger in DA right out of the box. Super accurate. I'm working on a couple of 2022 projects right now because I am definitely a fan.

Going price right now seems to be around the $400 mark. A watchful shopper will catch them below $300. I never remembered them below $300 new. $350-$450 has been the average for a while now.

#dasaposse

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
For the longest time they were $350-400, especially the two tones. It does appear they've crept up a bit. Currently $430 +ship at TGS: http://www.topgunsupply.com/si...d-sights.-da-sa.html

That is for the contrast sight, not night site ones, just so you know.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first one with contrast sights, holster and one mag was $399. The second was the Tac kit and came with an extra mag, night sights, holster and the laser light combo was $499. Laser light combo not so desirable but figured the night sites and extra mag were worth the extra $100. Really like the 2022. Both of mine are 9mm.

Posts: 32 | Location: S.E. Ma. | Registered: October 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Palmetto State Armory was selling the 2022 a couple years ago with night sights and 2 mags for $350 shipped. That's when I bought mine, but I haven't checked PSA in a while to see what they currently are going for. It is a great gun with a great trigger. I have a 228 that I thought had a great out of the box D/A trigger until I received the 2022.

Posts: 630 | Registered: September 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Are all the new ones going to be made in NH? Are there any new ones made in Germany, and if so, is this much of a factor?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
The SP2022 still shows on the German website but IMO that is irrelevant to current pricing as ones sold here have been made here for years now.

$400 seems to be about the best price one can find these days. The lower priced SP2022 usually came without night sights and one magazine FWIW.

IMO a terrific bargain at $400 for a very robust pistol that one rarely reads about any problem with, especially in 9MM.

Posts: 9743 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking of getting another...paid $479 for mine with night sights and 3 mags perhaps two years ago. I see them with contrast sights at an LGS (Blue Label) for $419 as of last Saturday.
The new ones are made in NH.

Posts: 3214 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
quote:

I probably should know what this means in relation directly to the 2022 as opposed to any other semi, as I've had one for years, but I don't.

Unless of course you are being facetious...and in that case I get it and would concur.

Yes, just joking. Zero problems from this "budget" gun. Every bit reliable and nice as a P Series. If I had limited funds and could only buy one new gun in my lifetime for under $500.00, it would be the SP2022. The only complaint I have is take up, and it's a very minor compliant.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Shot another match with mine this morning. I screwed a few things up but the 2022 ran flawlessly. Guess if I am ever attacked by dogs I shouldn't try to shoot all three sub 3 seconds. Frown

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
quote:

Yes, just joking. Zero problems from this "budget" gun. Every bit reliable and nice as a P Series. If I had limited funds and could only buy one new gun in my lifetime for under $500.00, it would be the SP2022. The only complaint I have is take up, and it's a very minor compliant.

Ah, got it. Shot mine this afternoon. Another ho-hum 50 rounds through it. Wink

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post