SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P210 Safety Lever Extensions !!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P210 Safety Lever Extensions !!! Login/Join 
Picture of SIGP2101
posted
And here are some extensions from early production/development time. I still have some for classic P210 as well as for new Legend. (Legend sold out - Original Swiss P210 sold out! Still possible to acquire them but only through pre-order process.

Improving one P210 at the time...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGP2101,

Posts: 512 | Registered: February 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E_Rock81
posted Hide Post
Could you possibly post a pic of P210 legend with one of the extended safeties installed? Thank you!

Posts: 1320 | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in one for the Legend too. Are they blued carbon steel, stainless? How do they attach? Installed photos would be appreciated. Thanks

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGP2101
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by E_Rock81:
Could you possibly post a pic of P210 legend with one of the extended safeties installed? Thank you!

I will certainly try to do that tonight. I think I have some pics at home but I will be packing for the weekend get away. Stay tuned.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGP2101
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
I'd be interested in one for the Legend too. Are they blued carbon steel, stainless? How do they attach? Installed photos would be appreciated. Thanks

They are made out of gun steel. Exactly same type of steel P49 was made out of. Expensive and hard to obtain, extensions are not hardened and there is a reason for that. They been nitre blued to deep rich black bluing like most of A series military contract P210 slides. Installation is gunsmith free, no down time for your gun, no long waiting period, no irreversible mods to your gun. It is plug on or plug off, one of the kind installation that doesn’t alter your gun.

Here is the pic of the classic P210 with extension. Legend is slightly different in thickness, but you can get idea.

Picture of SIGP2101
posted Hide Post
And as promised more pics for your scrutiny.

LEGEND "

P49 aka SIG P210 :

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!

Picture of SIGP2101
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Very nice.

Thanks!

Eventually I will be moving this to classifieds and offer it as custom made parts/service. For now I just want word out.

The journey is
the destination.
Picture of newcatwalt
posted Hide Post
Soooooo, what are you thinking of charging for one of those bad boys?

-------------------------------------------
Life is tough... it's tougher if you're stupid.

Posts: 982 | Location: Las Vegas / Henderson, NV | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs more cowbell!
Picture of code33
posted Hide Post
I have one of these extensions on my ccw P49. I think it is awesome, however I did some grinding and dehorned the crisp edges with files. With the new shape I have on this lever, it works great for a modern thumbs forward or high two handed grip, and makes left handed shooting easier (as the modified lever interferes less with the left hand trigger finger).

By no means is this a critical statement of the part, as I am probably an exception to other 210 shooters in that it's my primary defensive handgun in uniform, and out of uniform. If anyone uses this part for serious work, then please consider modifying it to the shape I have. It is really awesome this way, and I really enjoy the lever on my pistol. I'm very happy this part is being made for the Legend 210! I'd consider it for my Legend, except that it is at GGI getting an enlarged safety welded on Cool

Note: The part comes very nicely finished, and what you see below is crappy cold blue.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Oakland, California | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGP2101
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by code33:
I have one of these extensions on my ccw P49. I think it is awesome, however I did some grinding and dehorned the crisp edges with files. With the new shape I have on this lever, it works great for a modern thumbs forward or high two handed grip, and makes left handed shooting easier (as the modified lever interferes less with the left hand trigger finger).

By no means is this a critical statement of the part, as I am probably an exception to other 210 shooters in that it's my primary defensive handgun in uniform, and out of uniform. If anyone uses this part for serious work, then please consider modifying it to the shape I have. It is really awesome this way, and I really enjoy the lever on my pistol. I'm very happy this part is being made for the Legend 210! I'd consider it for my Legend, except that it is at GGI getting an enlarged safety welded on Cool

Note: The part comes very nicely finished, and what you see below is crappy cold blue.

code33, THANKS for endorsing my extensions! If you ever want that one refinished properly send it in I will do it free of charge. You are the second guy that I know of who did this modification to extension. I am not aware of any such case in Europe and I sold many over 25 years. Maybe I will incorporate new shape into future production - just for American shooters.

Take care

SIGP2101

posted Hide Post
Having recently spent two grand on a new 1911 and now I see you have eliminated my one objection on the 210 platform for me! Gun budget may take another big hit!

Posts: 3271 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGP2101
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
Having recently spent two grand on a new 1911 and now I see you have eliminated my one objection on the 210 platform for me! Gun budget may take another big hit!

Go for it, I will be patiently waiting.Smile

Picture of SHOOT
posted Hide Post
Very high level of craftsmanship and a great enhancement.

I don't think you boy's understand how serious this is . . . they killed my dog!

Posts: 917 | Registered: August 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGP2101
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHOOT:
Very high level of craftsmanship and a great enhancement.

Thanks!

Every year I make batch of these in limited numbers but this year I expend production by adding new LEGEND model. It is first time ever such a thing has been manufactured. And it happened on this side of the pond. Made in Canada, and only solution designed that does not involve gunsmith. There is no down time for your beloved P210, and there is no irreversible alteration to gun.

Safety was well known shortcoming of "best pistol in the world" among the others, that various gunsmiths tried to address one way or another. This is first plug and play solution. Put it on or take it off. No gunsmithing, no long separation time from your girl, no permanent mods to her as well. It is not cheap but it is not expensive taking in consideration other factors just mentioned above.
I am just glad that "perfection" could be improved upon even further, if there is a will must be the way then. Nothing is perfect after all.

Each extension has been built by hand from ground up, polished by hand, and finished in 'Durferrit' salt bath. NO short cuts taken in production of this part. Classic model is more expensive because one extra step involved during production phase.

posted Hide Post
I too have been running one of these for months now, and am grinding on my slowly but surely. In my mind's eye, I see it looking much like the modified one shown above. Since I have access to someone who blues, I will have my hot blued when done.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 162 | Location: Hendersonville, NC | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
Maybe I missed it, but can you tell me the price?

THanks

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1346 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGP2101
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cxm:
Maybe I missed it, but can you tell me the price?

THanks

Legend or classic P210?
E-mail me. Thanks!

Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
I received my 210 Legend extension from SIGP2101 a few weeks ago. It is beautifully machined and is a perfect fit over the standard safety lever.

As well, there are no clearance issues with my Blade Tech OWB holster and the extension. Finally, the extension passed its first range session with flying colours.

Once i made contact with SIGP2101, shipping was quick and he has been a pleasure to deal with.

If you are on the fence, don't hesitate to pick up this extension.

cheers

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Looks great. If I ever get around to shooting my Legend seriously I may have to consider getting one.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post