SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I took my PPQ M2 and Nano to the range today and shot them side-by-side with the P365 and a VP9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I took my PPQ M2 and Nano to the range today and shot them side-by-side with the P365 and a VP9 Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
I was very impressed with the P365. With the extended grip, it was approximately the size of my Beretta Nano only not as wide in the barrel region. Interestingly enough, I shot my Nano more accurately. I imagine with a little trigger time, I would shoot the P365 better based upon its lighter trigger. I liked the grip better on the P365. If was to do a comparison between the two for ergonomics, I would compare it to shooting a Walther PPQ and then shooting a Glock 19. If you shoot a Glock first, it feels fine until the svelte German gun comes to the range to play and then it feels like a 2x4.

The Walther and the VP9 were a wash. Accuracy and ergonomics were a push. When shooting, I really didn’t notice any difference in the triggers. The VP9 is a range gun that has had a lot of rounds fired through it and my Walther is relativley new with only a few hundred rounds fired through it. I imagine the Walther’s trigger will smooth out after a few more rounds but the difference didn’t seem to matter when shooting.

I had zero malfunctions with any of the guns.

All in all, I think I’ll be getting a P365 once you can get them readily under IOP pricing. I may get a VPsk to match the VP9 but that will be later.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently sold my PPQ M2 to partially fund a P365. I was able to get it at my local Dunham's Sport for $499. They rarely get any, and, if one shows up, it lasts 3-4 hours. Got a tip from an Employee and it happened that there was a $50 off sale on any firearms. Regular price $549. 12 Round Mags came in too, but at $55 I am waiting until I can use a 18% off coupon in a few days.

I thoroughly examined it before heading out to shoot it. Locked it open 36 hours and kept mags loaded to full capacity as well. Wiped excess lube.

I was only able to shoot about 75 rounds of Fiocchi 115 gr range ammo. The gun was flawless, accurate and and easy to shoot. With my small to medium hands, I got a full grip with the extended grip mag. I love this gun and look forward to carrying it in 12+1 config replacing my Shield 8+1.

Trigger measured nearly 7# but feels less. Better than the Apex flat kit in my Shield @ 5.5#

As a bonus, an Ozark single clip kydex G42 holster I wasn't using fits perfectly.

You've reminded me to bring my Nano out of storage. It really became a sweet shooter once I put a Galloway spring kit in it. It still needs tweaking of the grip. A rubber slip-on sorta worked but it moves around

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post