SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anybody have a Fastback Emperor Scorpion 1911?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody have a Fastback Emperor Scorpion 1911? Login/Join 
posted
Just curious what you think of the grips from factory. Looking at them to upgrade my Nightmare.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but...

Fastback Emperor Scorpion? Who is in charge of naming these pistols? Somebody needs to put down the Red Bull and the comic books.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed. It's a goofy name hung on a somewhat attractive pistol. I am still not sold on the bronze & black 2 tone myself.

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
(ahem)...you left off a word...the official name is Fastback Emperor Scorpion Carry. I'm sure you've now made someone at SIG marketing immutably upset with you. Me? I'll just call it FESC from now on. Much less typing. Wink

I do recall we had one through the shop during the summer; it didn't last very long from what I remember but frankly I don't pay much attention to anything named after an arachnid kind of critter anyways (too creepy; bleah). I did handle the 5" ES that came in a month or two prior to the FESC; from what I recollect it just came with G10 grips wearing SIG logos, texture based on Hogue's Piranha pattern. Decent 'grippiness' with that pattern though appearance-wise I never developed a taste for the look; too unrefined to my eye, like a first-time stipple job. SIG's discontinued Extreme trim variants also shipped with G10 panels using that texture, which is where I first experienced that particular Hogue pattern. Personally I prefer a more checkered-style of texturing to G10, both for function and looks. YMMOCV.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel just the opposite. I will take checkering on wood grips (a la Smith or Colt), but my preference for hard use guns is the golf ball pattern G10. I even buy some more vibrant colors on occasion. I will check Hogue's site as the only place I've found the Sig logo version was $125.

posted Hide Post
I have been looking at Cool Hand Grips on Amazon. They look good and are priced right. may try a set for my Fastback Carry.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Para, I'm with you. REALLY SIG?? It looks like the gun version of a cheap Pakistani knife...…. Eek

Flame on...…..

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I think Osage has a few varieties of the Fastback style grips. They have [GRIP-1911-FB-G10-DD-BLK] in stock if that is what you are looking for.

The names they have been putting on guns never bothered me. It doesn't take a half a pound of imagination to name something as a P for a pistol and then a number that was the year they started selling it.

If I found a 1911 named after a Tiki torch, I'd buy it.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ those are what I have currently and am looking to replace. I have never really liked the double diamond pattern.

posted Hide Post
Reminds me of that famous word from Mary Poppins: "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious". Razz

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post