SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    2014 made in Germany triple serial numbered p220
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2014 made in Germany triple serial numbered p220 Login/Join 
posted
I am awaiting delivery of p220 triple german serial numbered . Made in Germany, imported by pw arms Redmond wa
G526xxx , 2014 , german manual, oem box, 2012 BC german proof

Funny that it says Sigarms Inc Exeter NH on left side of slide, but was imported by pw arms!

From what I have found "in 2014, SIG’s German manufacturing facility surprised many by releasing a small batch of true “Made in Germany” SIG P220 pistols, with the classic folded carbon slide and pinned breech block — but with modern German proof marks on the slide and barrel.
Nobody knows whether these parts had been in storage in Germany for more than a decade and finally assembled and proofed, or whether the German gunmakers fired up the old equipment in 2012 for a last hurrah before all manufacturing moved to the US once and for all. Either way, a few lucky buyers got their hands on a modern example of a classic German SIG that was manufactured, assembled, and proofed in Germany… and fully deserving of its “Made in Germany” stamping."

Any one else have one of these? Any idea how many are out there?
This one was previously owned , said to be unfired

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit surprised by the 2014 manufacture date. The serial number indicates that it would be much, much older. That serial number if I recall correctly makes it a mid nineties vintage.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I'm a bit surprised by the 2014 manufacture date. The serial number indicates that it would be much, much older. That serial number if I recall correctly makes it a mid nineties vintage.

Maybe new old stock assembled from parts they found in a closet?

Didn't Smith & Wesson recently release some Gen 3 pistols they found in a warehouse? I remember hearing from my in-laws in Columbia, S.C. That when FN remodeled their plant they found things tucked in corners and shoved in closets. And over at the Beretta Forum some guys were touring the Beretta factory in Maryland and found railed 8045 sample guns in a storeroom left over from when Beretta was trying to get a police contract.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It's from the same batch that Widener's sold in 2012 2014. Those P220s at the time are exactly like the OP's gun.
BC proof code.
Imported by PW Arms. Rollmark at exact same location.
Same Exeter rollmark.
Same serial range. Mine (since sold) was # G526289.

Q

Posts: 26324 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am more surprised that a pistol manufactured in 2014 was proven two years earlier in 2012.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
quote:

I am more surprised that a pistol manufactured in 2014 was proven two years earlier in 2012.

How about an even more interesting SIG? Have a couple of German made and proofed, triple serialed, P229s that was proofed in 2004 (AE date code), but was not released onto the market until 2011. Eek

Q

Posts: 26324 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
^^^^ The beautiful twins that still cross my mind.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's from the same batch that Widener's sold in 2012

Yeah, wish I'd picked one up then. IIRC the price was pretty reasonable ?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
quote:

How about an even more interesting SIG? Have a couple of German made and proofed, triple serialed, P229s that was proofed in 2004 (AE date code), but was not released onto the market until 2011. Eek

Methinks I may have misunderstood the original post when I first read it.
It appears the pistol was released in 2014 not manufactured in 2014.
Which of course would make make far more sense.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Methinks I may have misunderstood the original post when I first read it.
It appears the pistol was released in 2014 not manufactured in 2014.
Which of course would make make far more sense.

Yes. Still puzzling as to why they made the guns years before actually releasing them onto the market.

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
That serial number if I recall correctly makes it a mid nineties vintage.

The serial number seems OK, P220's I have owned or still do with proof or box date
G 212 XXX - 1993
G 229 XXX - 1994
G 368 XXX - 2007
G 391 XXX - 2007
G 394 XXX - 2008
G 380 XXX - 2009
G 405 XXX - 2009
G 517 XXX - 2010

The most interesting is the Exeter on the slide & PW Arms Import. This is the route followed by the famed P220 9mm's that started as 38 Super.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anush,

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Very. $595. Eek
I should make the correction: Widener's sold them in 2014, not 2012.

Q

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
^^^^ The beautiful twins that still cross my mind.

It's a different set of twins you remember, Dave. They are the US (not German) made triple serialed P229s from 1994. Wink

US or German, they are beautiful.

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Very. $595. Eek
I should make the correction: Widener's sold them in 2014, not 2012.
They were available for a couple of months IIRC.

posted Hide Post
I noticed om Anush's post that the SN for one of his 2007 P220s is higher than one made in 2008. Maybe he simply made a mistake. Also, if the SN range was 380xxx in 2009 and 517xxx in 2010, SIG sure manufactured a BUNCH of P220s in one year!

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No Mistake, it is a SIG P220 - 45 Acp Carry SAS Two Tone

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Could it be possible that these BC P220s were overruns or returned pistols from a contract fulfillment since they were not imported by Sigarms? That seems to be how PW Arms gets a lot of the guns they import.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regardless I wish I had bought one back them to add to my KF P220.

posted Hide Post
I have one of these P220s as well, with the Exeter, NH mark on the left side of the slide.

They were offered as a package deal here in Germany back in 2013, together with a .22 exchange kit for like 900 € (Which was a steal) Big Grin
Should be like at like 2000 to 3000 pistols then (assuming they used consecutive S/Ns for the same model)
Mine is a G524xxx

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Very nice!

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post