SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    2014 made in Germany triple serial numbered p220
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2014 made in Germany triple serial numbered p220 Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet looking P220 you have there. Having the PW and Sigarms roll marks could be that it has been through Customs several times (?) in its short lifespan.

quote:
Originally posted by MarioG:
...the German gunmakers fired up the old equipment in 2012 for a last hurrah before all manufacturing moved to the US once and for all.

I was able to get my mitts on a 9mm P220 made in 2016 (BG) so don't count on the German production coming to a close just yet.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
How about an even more interesting SIG? Have a couple of German made and proofed, triple serialed, P229s that was proofed in 2004 (AE date code), but was not released onto the market until 2011. Eek

Very nice!

You know where one of them came from, Bob. Cool

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Sweet looking P220 you have there. Having the PW and Sigarms roll marks could be that it has been through Customs several times (?) in its short lifespan.

quote:
...the German gunmakers fired up the old equipment in 2012 for a last hurrah before all manufacturing moved to the US once and for all.

I was able to get my mitts on a 9mm P220 made in 2016 (BG) so don't count on the German production coming to a close just yet.

I know Mario didn't make that statement. It was urban legend that just refuses to die. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
Ruger does the same thing. I have seen Speed Sixes made years ago for sale by Ruger in the new plastic boxes.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

quote:

I know Mario didn't make that statement. It was urban legend that just refuses to die. Roll Eyes

Yes, my posting had quote marks on it. Part of a posting about p220
Made in w Germany , made in Germany , etc

Here is the link to entire post

https://www.realgunreviews.com...y-sig-really-german/

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am awaiting delivery of p220 triple german serial numbered . Made in Germany, imported by pw arms Redmond wa
G526xxx , 2014 , german manual, oem box, 2012 BC german proof

Any one else have one of these? Any idea how many are out there?
This one was previously owned , said to be unfired

Nice pickup. I had one that I bought from Widener's. One of the few pistols that I have some regret selling.

quote:

You have to post some pics of this one.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Here's one i got from Wideners

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I've got a Beretta 71 w/ 6" barrel that was proofed in like 1989. Pretty sure they stopped making them a long time before that. Likely, a surplus was found and exported to the US.

Just like the surplus 92S police guns that have a proof date of 1982 yet that model ceased production many years before.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
To clarify for me, were these P220s sold in 2014 all imported by PW Arms, or were some officially imported by Sigarms (no PW Arms markings)?

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wgsigs:
To clarify for me, were these P220s sold in 2014 all imported by PW Arms, or were some officially imported by Sigarms (no PW Arms markings)?

All the ones I've seen were "PW ARMS" .

Q

Picture of kgray01
posted Hide Post
Here's mine from Widener's.

Picked it up in 2014.

1 Sam. 15:28

Posts: 313 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:

quote:

I bet Mario is in for a few extra loooong days of waiting. Hopefully they gave a tracking number to hold down the anticipation.

Every year I try to find at least one really cool firearm. This was what I came across in February of 2016. 2017 is spoken for, so now that I'm broke I can plan ahead of time and speculate what could be possible next... (Sorry about the jumbo pics). The date code has been moved to the left side of the barrel on the recent ones. I do not know when they changed this.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:

Every year I try to find at least one really cool firearm. This was what I came across in February of 2016. 2017 is spoken for, so now that I'm broke I can plan ahead of time and speculate what could be possible next... (Sorry about the jumbo pics). The date code has been moved to the left side of the barrel on the recent ones. I do not know when they changed this.

Very nice! I will admit, though, that I was hoping to see a new build w/the 4.4" barrel.

I've always felt that the 9mm 220 was mild. Can't imagine how much milder it would be in a 6" stainless version.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:

quote:

I bet Mario is in for a few extra loooong days of waiting. Hopefully they gave a tracking number to hold down the anticipation.

Not too bad . Due in tomorrow at ffl's

Not sure if I will shoot it. Got the german 220s compensated that is shoot quite a bit.

Perfect weight distribution and light recoil.

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not too bad . Due in tomorrow at ffl's

Not sure if I will shoot it. Got the german 220s compensated that is shoot quite a bit.

Perfect weight distribution and light recoil.

Cool!