SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Does anyone else switch to another caliber in cold weather?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone else switch to another caliber in cold weather? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Yes, but not because of the temps exactly. I try to carry the most effective caliber with the most capacity that I can considering the practicalities of the weather and the occasion. A .380 ACP Ruger LCP II can go anywhere, anytime, but with my frame a Govt size 1911 in 10mm cannot. Cold weather just makes my concealment options that much better...

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
This is a very interesting thought process and has become a very interesting thread.

When I'm not working, I tend to carry either the 9mm or .45 Shield. I never stopped to think if I subconsciously pick the .45 in the colder months. But I will now.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Yep. Warm weather is .327 Federal Magnum; cooler weather is 147-grain 9mm. I can carry a larger capacity gun more comfortably in the cooler months.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post