SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New 94 year old belly gun
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New 94 year old belly gun Login/Join 
posted
I must say I have found some great deals this year. I traded a home built 10.3” upper for this Colt and got $100 cash to boot Big Grin. The owner said when he received it many years ago , the nickel finish was in ok shape, but he sent it to Fords for a brushed nickel refinish. They could not save the Rampant Pony, but the gun looks good and shoots very well. I know it has zero collector value, but fits anywhere. It beats a sharp stick and was wayyyy more pleasant to shoot than my LCP. I’m fairly certain I have about $275 into this gun.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I love it! Thank you for sharing. I have a thing for small pocket pistols.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Those little .25's from the days of yore tend to get completely overlooked today, but I think they still have a place in modern society. As Para once said, and I paraphrase: "You and I will be dust in the ground and yet, the .25 ACP will still be putting holes in people."

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too like such old pocket guns. I have never found a small 22 that was reliable. 25 has a place in teeny guns.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
A great find in what appears to be excellent condition.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Nice pick up! That’s a sweet little pistol.
I like the mini guns too, a Beretta 950 .25 is in the rotation.

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
98.SiG and Rising
Picture of Sig Fever
posted Hide Post
Very Nice! Congratulations.

Warning...SiGs are addictive, keep out of the reach of adults!

Blue Lives Matter: Thank a Police Officer for their Service!

Posts: 5795 | Location: Virginia USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's awesome. I've wanted one for a while now. Congrats. And thanks for making my day with the great photos.

Posts: 444 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful Colt.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a beauty.....I wouldn't care that it's not a collector at all. Congrats on the find.

Posts: 921 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
That is very cool! Cool

Thank you for sharing.

You did very well.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Nice gun! I'd have done that deal in a heart beat.

I wonder if Colt would re-stamp the rampant pony for you? It would still be a refinished gun, but that's such a cool mark.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
[Quietly drools in the background]

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great score! My dad carried one of those for as long as I can remember. I would like to find one of my own someday.

Posts: 448 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I like it! Cool little gun!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
At the very ripe old age of 94 I would think you could afford a more modern conceal carry weapon. Smile

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Very nice example of a popular little pistol.

One thing stands out to me, the roll markings are very crisp and clear. Ford's did an excellent job of preserving them.

Most guns of that era also have corroded barrels, from corrosive ammo and lack of maintenance.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your post gave me a chuckle. I was at a very large gun shop yesterday and the only ammo they had in stock was .25 Auto.
Good catch .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the kind words guys. It is a cool little gun with an ugly bore that still shoots very well. That target was 7-10yds with only 4 going out of the bull. I had a few light primer strikes, so I ordered the Wolf spring kit to replace the the recoil guide spring and striker springs. It won’t replace my G42 for everyday carry here in warm sunny Florida, but will ride along with it Big Grin.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post