SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M-18 proplems
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M-18 proplems Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
WWB

To me, Wolf steel is far preferable to WWB.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grayfox54
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a dry gun to me.

It ain't the years, its the mileage.

Posts: 54 | Location: Bartlett, TN | Registered: November 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clean and lube, and use decent higher powered ammunition. Report back. Pretty much what everyone here has said.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I've actually heard of a dealer, whenever he sells a Sig, he voluntarily strips the packing lube and reapplies the supplied running grease. Guess he got tired of the post-first range session complaints (failure to extract, failure to eject, failure to strip next round, stove-pipe, failure to lock slide after last round, etc.).

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw on a you tube once where the M-18 is designed to run on the +P ammo and a different recoil spring is available if you run standard 9mm ammo. I remember that the standard recoil spring has a splash of orange paint on the springs.
Dave

Posts: 7 | Location: Glucksdadt, MS | Registered: September 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post