SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P225-A1 extended mags ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P225-A1 extended mags ? Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone heard if sig is planning to make extended mags for the p225-A1, I would really enjoy ten round mags for my edc.

Posts: 32 | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They do, its called a M11-A1, it holds 7 more rounds in about the exact same size package.Smile

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply.I already own a few hi capacity pistols.I like the footprint of the p225 as I already have a little too much inside my waistband so adding more depth isn’t my first choice. I was hoping sig might be considering an extended mag for the p225.

Posts: 32 | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stradman:
Has anyone heard if sig is planning to make extended mags for the p225-A1, I would really enjoy ten round mags for my edc.

Folks have been dreaming about it since the beginning. And, we're still dreaming. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
There were supposed to be 9-10 rounds in the works but apparently they have a lot of 239 mag bodies to liquidate.

Kinda like the 229 “carry”. They had an overstock of 224 slides after it flopped. Voila! A special edition 229 carry. Good business but SIG is putting all its innovation in striker polymers.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
There were supposed to be 9-10 rounds in the works but apparently they have a lot of 239 mag bodies to liquidate.

Kinda like the 229 “carry”. They had an overstock of 224 slides after it flopped. Voila! A special edition 229 carry. Good business but SIG is putting all its innovation in striker polymers.

What a dream the new P365 is to shoot!! And with a 12rd extended mag, it shot as well as my M11-A1.

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDG:
They do, its called a M11-A1, it holds 7 more rounds in about the exact same size package.Smile

Where did you get the green M11-A1? I really like what I could see, got any pics to post of it by itself? I'd love to see more.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Where did you get the green M11-A1? I really like what I could see, got any pics to post of it by itself? I'd love to see more.

It's called the Army Green M11-A1 that SIG released a couple of years ago. Check out GB.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by JDG:

posted Hide Post
Hopefully they come out with a flush fitting 9 or 10 round magazine?? Not that my A1 is a bad gun, but it would make it a better gun!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't mind slightly extended versions myself as long as the front of the extension continued to follow the line of the front of the grip. Having a little more material to wrap my pinky around has been a good deal.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post