SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Talk Me Into (or Out Of) a Springfield Professional
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talk Me Into (or Out Of) a Springfield Professional Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'd buy the Dan Wesson.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I'd buy the Dan Wesson.

Me too.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
The Professional is a great 1911 and to pick one up at the price would be tough to pass up.

I was never issued or carried one, but I have handled a few and shot against even more.

It really isn't fair to have a shooting competition with a stock Sig or Glock against one of those.

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
At that price, I'd go for it. As a former owner, I wouldn't go for one at it's new price. The main downside of the gun is that it has the heaviest trigger of all the semi custom 1911s I've owned.

The one thing you don't realize when you get the gun is that it's a gun locked in time. It was the definition of "2005 Tactical 1911." In the lady 10ish years, parts quality have improved, there are far better sights now, and while it was top of the line back then, the other semi custom gunmakers have gotten a good or better at a lower NIB cost.

However, mine was one of the best built guns I've ever owned, was tighter than a Les Baer, never had any stoppages even in its "break in" period, and 20lpi checkering was heavenly sharp in my hand. Nothing locked in better or felt more like an extension of my hand.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might be tough selling your current guns and getting the price you want since it's a buyers market right now. If you want the Springfield I say go for it especially at that price, if you don't you'll regret not buying.

Posts: 1618 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post