SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Talk Me Into (or Out Of) a Springfield Professional
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talk Me Into (or Out Of) a Springfield Professional Login/Join 
posted
Local gun shop has a very good used Springfield Professional Operator (PC9111LR) for $2290. For those of you that aren’t aware, this is the FBI HRT 1911, with a retail price of $2800 or so, and usually 30-36 months lead time. This one has no idiot mark and has a Nowlin barrel.

I was planning my next 1911 to be a Dan Wesson Valor in the Duty Treat finish (around $1600) but the Pro is a totally different animal.

To get the Pro, I would need to unload a few guns. I would probably end up selling my Springfield Loadsd, my Beretta 92FS Inox Compact, and my P229 Stainless Elite. I could PROBABLY get around $2k for all of those, but my concern is that this is a soft market for selling shit right now. The Pro would go on a 1.5% cash back credit card with no interest until May 2019, so I’m not worried about that part of it, but I’m also planning a wedding and don’t NEED the Pro. It’s just a great opportunity to get my hands on one right now.

Anyone have any input? Or anyone wanna buy some of my guns to make it easier for me to decide myself? Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Revolution37,

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 813 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
That’s a very good price for it

There is one local to me on boards for even less than that I’ve been fighting not to buy

I’ve gotten rid of all my .45s or I would jump on it

You don’t have that problem Smile

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
I say buy it. I believe list is over $3000 these days and if it’s already been shot you’ll have no temptation to keep it a safe queen.

What’s the idiot mark supposed to be?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
What’s the idiot mark supposed to be?

When people aren't careful about inserting the slide stop.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd buy it as part of the wedding planning. Because you sure as hell will have an easier time buying yourself a 1911 on Valentines day pre wedding than you will post wedding.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
If layaway is available, do it. Do it anyway. You don’t see many of these and that is a very good price.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't buy what you can't pay for unless it is an absolute necessity. Just my 2 cents.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Revolution37:
Local gun shop has a very good used Springfield Professional Operator (PC9111LR) for $2290. For those of you that aren’t aware, this is the FBK HRT 1911,...

Is that the FBI & KGB combined agency new name? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a SA, Inc. product. That's a no for me. Even if it's used.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Do it! They're wonderful guns and that's a smokin' deal!

Posts: 4811 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The local gun shop has a railed version in stock at $3395, which I think is the current MSRP. I paid $2595 for mine several years ago from the same shop.

I think the PRO is the only limited production 1911 that has held its value relative to MSRP.
I believe the gvmt has stopped buying them for their agencies so it'll be interesting to see if they remain in production and what happens to their value.

I think the resale price on competitive 1911s (Wilson, NH, LB, etc) has sort of tanked in the last year or two. Not so for the Pro.

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you don't get it you will probably regret it later. It is in a whole different league than the DW.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hmm...

Kinda like when I found an X-Five for $888. You can buy it now or wish you did. You can figure out how you are going to pay for it later.

Go to your boss tomorrow morning (or call him/her if you have their number) and say 'hey I'm going to need the day off. I'm fine, but my arm is in a (rifle) sling'

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
If you don't buy it, please email me the shop's contact info.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MPrimo
posted Hide Post
I had the same gun ... sold it for much more than that price! Wish I hadn't. To me it is the perfect representation of the 1911 with no frills ... all function. I would buy another if I found one at that number.

MPrimo

Sigs, Glocks, 1911s, M&Ps ... well, you get the point!

Posts: 617 | Location: New England | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a relatively low price for that particular gun.

They haven't used Nowlin barrels for a number of years now, so it might be a couple years old.

There was a used railed Pro at my local gun shop (that has competitive prices) and they were asking under $3000. I think these things are going for over $3000 on Gunbroker.

I would second the advice to not buy this on credit or otherwise over extend yourself.

Posts: 551 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

Kinda like when I found an X-Five for $888. You can buy it now or wish you did. You can figure out how you are going to pay for it later.

$888 for a used P226 X5, X5E or P320 X5?

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which will you regret more, not getting a gun you want or losing three guns to get one?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
BUY IT! I love mine, even more than my Ed Brown. It is a super well made 1911, and I ran 1300 rounds through mine before the first cleaning with zero hiccups. It is my favorite pistol (along with my P210) , and you will not regret buying it.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would just do it . the other guns that need to go for this can be picked up again later . Get it . I have done the same thing .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post