SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How to fix my G20's mediocre trigger?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to fix my G20's mediocre trigger? Login/Join 
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted
Hey y'all,

I've realized after some more thorough range time with my Glock 20 Gen 3 that the trigger really needs some help. I see tons of options for standard frame glocks, but very little for mine... what parts do I need to improve the trigger pull? It's consistent and breaks clean but is just way too heavy.

Thanks,

KI

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
3.5# connector is a pretty common mod.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

Wasn't sure if they were all interchangeable, but it appears they are. I'm used to standard Glock parts not working for my 20. Thanks.

Ordered a Taran ultimate trigger kit (3.25 lb connector and springs) so hopefully that fixes it.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Killer Instincts:
quote:

Wasn't sure if they were all interchangeable, but it appears they are. I'm used to standard Glock parts not working for my 20. Thanks.

Ordered a Taran ultimate trigger kit (3.25 lb connector and springs) so hopefully that fixes it.

The 20 frame is essentially the same as a 21. If you are looking for triggers, many places just list the part for the 21.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The more aftermarket parts you hang on the Glock, the more chances for unreliability.

A minus connector is about the only thing I do to the trigger. You can polish lightly.

Trigger weight isn't what makes for a good trigger. I wouldn't go too light unless it's just a range pistol.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
try a Ghost Rocket or EVO Elite connectors..dont change or no need to change to lighter springs..smoothens and lightens pull, removes overtravel..just be sure gusnmith know what he is doing otherwise he can make your glock unreliable..

Posts: 254 | Location: Manila, philippines | Registered: January 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Killer Instincts:
quote:

Beware of reduced power striker springs. I had one from Ghost on a range toy that started giving me light strikes in about 500 rds. It would no longer press the trigger safety tab forward either -> -> BAD.
Heavier trigger spring, polish the innards, Glock "-" connector (or the aftermarket equivalent), no problem.

Striker springs I use factory strength. The Taran kit may be GTG but make sure you check the hell out of it.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
If you want a better trigger, you could get a 1911! Even a cheap 10mm 1911 will have a better trigger than a Glock. Wink

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
3.5 connector and the .25c trigger job.
Polish bearing surfaces of connector and firing pin block.

Does wonders and is all stock-Glock.

If you really acnt stand it after that, go full-bore replacement of FCG, my gen 5 sucks, replaced with Zev Fulcrum, great results.

Though, be careful with the firing pin and spring replacement, that's where I have had a reliability issue with the Zev.

Zev's weaker striker spring didn't retract firing pin quick enough and rim of .45 case would hang-up.

Didn't try these parts on my G20 slide though.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
I'll try just the connector and see how that goes. Whole kit was $30 so no big deal there.

Reliability is definitely important to me. It's primarily a woods and hunting gun, although it often pulls truck duty too when I'm out and about.

Disconnector install looks pretty straightforward, probably will just do it myself and try it out.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
When it comes to making a Glock unreliable, it's been my experience that at the top of the list is changing out springs to lightened replacements. Then comes lightened connectors, specifically those slathered with lightening holes, as if people actually SEE any of that when installed. I've had rotten luck with Ghost parts, especially after they get some mileage on them but I've also had reliability problems early in their service life as well.

For lightened connectors these days I stick with the factory minus (-) part. Even when I buy complete trigger assemblies like the ZEV Fulcrum, I take out their connector and use a factory minus instead. The only lightened aftermarket connector I trust over the long haul has been Scherer, but sadly they're no longer in the business.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
When it comes to making a Glock unreliable, it's been my experience that at the top of the list is changing out springs to lightened replacements. Then comes lightened connectors, specifically those slathered with lightening holes, as if people actually SEE any of that when installed. I've had rotten luck with Ghost parts, especially after they get some mileage on them but I've also had reliability problems early in their service life as well.

For lightened connectors these days I stick with the factory minus (-) part. Even when I buy complete trigger assemblies like the ZEV Fulcrum, I take out their connector and use a factory minus instead. The only lightened aftermarket connector I trust over the long haul has been Scherer, but sadly they're no longer in the business.

Interesting. Well, since I bought it, I'll try out the Taran tactical one. It won't kill me if it's unreliable at first, but obviously I want it working right in the end.

I'll report back when I get my parts installed and try it out.