SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock bug bit! Glock 45 followed me home today **Bit again tonight. Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock bug bit! Glock 45 followed me home today **Bit again tonight. Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS Login/Join 
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
I think I will buy a Glock Model 45 when Glock makes them with the MOS Slide.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
mos 19 is my next one unless they come out with a gen 5 19 no cut out.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
rock, you have great pair of Glock there. I am on the same path as you. I just purchased my Glock 45 few days ago. Installed a Trijicon HD XR Orange Front night sights. Almost similar to that FBI Ameriglo (but with skinny front blade). Next on the list is the G19 Gen5 MOS. I will have to wait for a year for the next Glock (when I receive my next GSSF voucher).

For those who are non-LEO, there is a way to purchase Glock pistol at "Blue Label" price. I just did with my G45.

You have to sign up for the GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation). You have to sign up for the 2 Year Membership ($60). They will send you your New Membership package (small pistol case, pin, patch, etc.). Most important of all, they will send you your Membership ID and a New Pistol Purchase voucher. You find a firearm dealer that accepts those voucher and you can purchase a Blue Label pistol. I was lucky that one of my local store have a Blue Label G45 when I walked in. Otherwise, they will have to order one. And if I understand it correctly, GSSF will send me another voucher on my 1st Membership anniversary. If you sign up for ONE year, you will NOT get a voucher initially. You have to wait for your 1st renewal. (Sorry for the thread drift OP). Thought I mention it to help out my non-LEO forum friends.

Posts: 1884 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish glock would leave the magwell off. the new black coating is to slick.

if only there was a 19x MOS FS

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Get a set up suppressor height night sights, to co-witness with the red dot that gun sorely needs Smile

quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:

<snip>

I need to find a set of good night sights as I'm limited due to the plate.

<snip - don't need to repeat all the pics>

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Get a set up suppressor height night sights, to co-witness with the red dot that gun sorely needs Smile

quote:

<snip>

<snip - don't need to repeat all the pics>

Thought about that, but I'm no sure I want to put an RMR on it. I did find a set of Meprolights that will work. Tough decision.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep. I couldn't resist. He sold me 3 10 round Gen 5 mags for 10 bucks a piece too. His sales tax is 5.25% compared to almost 9% in the city.

Um....is that a Gen 5 G19 without the half moon cut out by the magwell?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

Yep. I couldn't resist. He sold me 3 10 round Gen 5 mags for 10 bucks a piece too. His sales tax is 5.25% compared to almost 9% in the city.

]

Um....is that a Gen 5 G19 without the half moon cut out by the magwell?

Yep. MOS model has front slide serrations and a solid grip.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
I really like to look of the 19 MOS. The lack of moon cutout on the grip looks so much better. The G45 fits my hand perfectly but if the department doesn't approve the 45, I'm going to get this one.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've really been thinking hard about the 19MOSFS specifically due to the half moon being deleted and the front serrations. I keep telling myself I dont need it.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Yep. You probably don't need it. But you know you want it. Big Grin Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
I've really been thinking hard about the 19MOSFS specifically due to the half moon being deleted and the front serrations. I keep telling myself I dont need it.

Posts: 1884 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I just got to handle a G45 at a local shop. It was everything people have been describing it to be. Of course, with an empty mag, you don’t get the whole picture, but still. I think I’ll be ditching at least one other Glock that never makes it out of the safe to bring one of those home. I switch between a 19 and a 17 depending on which way the wind is blowing, so it is sure to be a carry piece.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post