SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock bug bit! Glock 45 followed me home today **Bit again tonight. Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock bug bit! Glock 45 followed me home today **Bit again tonight. Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
The 19X is still a Gen4 internally,

Than not necessarily an accurate statement. Some are calling the G19x Gen 4.5. The G19x has the new Marksman Barrel, Ambi Slide Stop Lever. The takedown lever is supported by a more robust coil spring. The G19x also got the nDLC Coating on barrel and slide.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
The 19X also has the Gen5 trigger and striker safety. I’d say it’s pretty much a Gen5 internally, and externally except for the lanyard loop and the lip at the front of the magwell.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 19X is still a Gen4 internally, the G45 is a true Gen 5, that is a significant difference,

The 19X has a Gen5 barrel, Gen5 recoil assembly, Gen5 coil spring, Gen5 slide stop, Gen5 two pin design, Gen5 striker drop safety, Gen5 trigger bar, Gen5 trigger housing, Gen5 trigger spring, and Gen5 slide cover plate. That's all that I know of.

Otherwise, yep, it is still a Gen4 internally Big Grin

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
quote:
The 19X is still a Gen4 internally, the G45 is a true Gen 5, that is a significant difference,

The 19X has a Gen5 barrel, Gen5 recoil assembly, Gen5 coil spring, Gen5 slide stop, Gen5 two pin design, Gen5 striker drop safety, Gen5 trigger bar, Gen5 trigger housing, Gen5 trigger spring, and Gen5 slide cover plate. That's all that I know of.

Otherwise, yep, it is still a Gen4 internally Big Grin

Yes, YVK, but it uses Gen 4 magazine base plates, and since the magazines go inside the frame, it is therefore Gen 4 internally. Smile

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, it’s not at all the gen 4 internals, it is all the new internals of the gen 5. The internals of the 19x & 45 are indentical. What’s different is the slide serrations, flared magwell, lanyard, and color. That’s pretty much it.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deleted

posted Hide Post
Sorry,didn’t see YVM’s post

Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I lost my mind and read between the lines and thought you bought a G21.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the G45 or the "Glock Commander." I think it could be Glock's best handgun to date, but I have yet to get my hands on a Gen 5 G19 with forward serrations. Congratulations on your fine purchase.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got so shoot a G45 on Thanksgiving day, I did not notice any difference in ability to hit steel from my 19x.
I do prefer the all black gun.

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:
quote:

No, it’s not at all the gen 4 internals, it is all the new internals of the gen 5. The internals of the 19x & 45 are indentical. What’s different is the slide serrations, flared magwell, lanyard, and color. That’s pretty much it.
The G45 also has an internal slide cut that improves ejection, which the G19X doesn't have.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
I've always wanted to like a Glock, but they never seemed to feel right until now.

Have never shot one just held them in the store.
I assume they all would have similar size backstrap out of the box, so I believe I am comparing apples to apples.

I think RHINOWSO is correct.
The G45 is better balanced for me.

Very nice gun rockchalk06, think I just got the Glock bug bite as well.

I was the same exact way owed dang near every pistol but a Glock, finally gave in and bought a Vickers rtf2 and have been kicking myself for not trying them earlier. nothing I shoot better and the G45 is just perfect for me.

Posts: 5586 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
I love the G45 or the "Glock Commander." I think it could be Glock's best handgun to date, but I have yet to get my hands on a Gen 5 G19 with forward serrations. Congratulations on your fine purchase.

Thank you. Local shop has a 19 Gen 5 MOS but their asking 599. I’m very tempted.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a G45 today, can't wait to shoot it.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:

Thank you. Local shop has a 19 Gen 5 MOS but their asking 599. I’m very tempted.

That's what I paid for my Gen 5 17 MOS last week, seems to be the normal asking price (I think the list price is $649).

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

That's what I paid for my Gen 5 17 MOS last week, seems to be the normal asking price (I think the list price is $649).

Yep. I couldn't resist. He sold me 3 10 round Gen 5 mags for 10 bucks a piece too. His sales tax is 5.25% compared to almost 9% in the city.

I need to find a set of good night sights as I'm limited due to the plate.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Range time with mine tomorrow.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting....I think. I have not really looked at the 45 until your thread. Now, I think I may need one.

I have a gen 5 G19 that I love. I find myself carrying that more than anything. I also have a 42 & 43. If I want a small gun, I carry the 42. I don't carry the 43 very much at all.

That 45, the "Glock Commander", looks like the perfect gun for me.

I have my dealer checking to see if I can get it blue label (which I don't know why I couldn't). I may have to sell my 43 and pick up the 45.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
That Gen5 G19 is a damn sweet looking pistol.

Glocks are not ugly!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
That Gen5 G19 is a damn sweet looking pistol.

Glocks are not ugly!

You know she was nothing to write home about, just an average looking girl. Then she decided to speak. Once we had a conversation her true beauty surfaced and now I can't see her as anything but beautiful.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post