SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock bug bit! Glock 45 followed me home today **Bit again tonight. Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock bug bit! Glock 45 followed me home today **Bit again tonight. Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS Login/Join 
Picture of rockchalk06
posted
I have been lusting after a Glock 19 Gen 5 for awhile now. Went to the range this afternoon and they had one for rent. I never really paid much attention to the cut out above the magwell, but after 20 rounds, I had enough. Pinky was sore. Went to my local fun shop and was looking around when we started talking about the issue. They laid down a Glock 45, and I seemed to forget about everything else.

Front slide serrations, nice finish and the trigger is very nice. I was a little concerned about how it was going to carry and not print, but it kinda halfass fits my T&C2 for my Sig P320 SC. Trigger guard is covered as well. It doesn't print at all? I'm really surprised at this.

Picked up another mag and some AmeriGlo night sights.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rockchalk06,

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Congrats!

I really think they screwed up reintroducing the half moon cutout on the Gen 5. I don’t recall seeing anyone ever bemoan its deletion from the late Gen 3 through the Gen 4. Supposedly, it’s not as punishing for big hands with the Gen 5 as a Gen 2, but having a few that I don’t enjoy shooting anymore for that reason alone, I wasn’t tempted to chase down that particular street again with the Gen 5. I imagine their sales on the Gen 5 would pick up if they got rid of that silly nonsense. Until then, the G45 looks about just right, honestly, and I’m really tempted to snag one.

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I got to shoot one of those last Saturday. Glock really got that pistol right.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats Sir - and, no doubt about it - you sure know how to take some great photos! I've got one on my list for next year and I continue to be impressed with the mixed G17/G19 design. I like my 19X and I'm very much looking forward to getting a 45 - I wish I had more money ... Frown

Posts: 431 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I bet you'll like shooting it!
I picked up a G45 yesterday also. Now with 250 rounds thru it I believe I could sell my G19 gen 5.

I have to shoot it side by side with my FN 509. That should be fun.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Is the grip angle different than other Glocks?

Held a Glock 45 the other day and thought it felt different, better than other Glocks.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeoJelly:
Congrats Sir - and, no doubt about it - you sure know how to take some great photos! I've got one on my list for next year and I continue to be impressed with the mixed G17/G19 design. I like my 19X and I'm very much looking forward to getting a 45 - I wish I had more money ... Frown

Thank you. The iPhone X does most of the work. My only complaint on this 45, is the plastic mags. I prefer metal, but I can live with them did what this 45 brings to the table.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

Held a Glock 45 the other day and thought it felt different, better than other Glocks.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think so. It may have to do with the way it balances. It does feel really damn good in the hand though.

Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your G45,I've had my Glock G45 for a few weeks now, and with several hundred rounds threw it, it is hands down my best Glock yet, perfect in every way IMHO, I've been a Gen 5 fan ever since they came out, but the G45 is just over the top my favorite Gen 5 yet, CoolI like all my Glocks and won't be getting rid of any of them, the G45 just meets all my needs in a defensive auto, great balance, reliable, and supper accurate, it points like the left hand of God...if he would have been a lefty...like me LOL...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, it's just a G17 grip with a G19 slide, but the balance helps the feel a lot.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

It might feel different than other Glocks without a back strap.
I feel the naked grip of a G45 is comparable to a G21 SF frame as opposed to a standard G21.
I think the Med backstrap makes it like a standard Gen2 or 3.
For me the large backstrap fits my needs for the G45.
It eliminates the high aim on the draw I have with my other Gen 2 Glocks.

I love my G45 and have not even had time to shoot it yet.
I ordered a Vickers slide stop and mag release yesterday.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
I've always wanted to like a Glock, but they never seemed to feel right until now.

Have never shot one just held them in the store.
I assume they all would have similar size backstrap out of the box, so I believe I am comparing apples to apples.

I think RHINOWSO is correct.
The G45 is better balanced for me.

Very nice gun rockchalk06, think I just got the Glock bug bite as well.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up my new G45 this am from my local fun shop this morning. Feels great in the hand with the large back strap. If this is accurate as my G19X its a real winner. Trigger seams good too.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Very impressed so far. I put 134 rounds down range today. No issues at all. I even ran 50 rounds of the M.E.N. 124 grain Nato ammo that is rated at plus p with some very hard primers. I love this ammo, but I have had some issues in striker fired guns in the past. None with the 45.

Groups at 7 and 10 yards were nothing crazy compared to my other weapons, but 15-25 is where I really noticed improvement in my grouping. I will need to shoot it side by side with my SAO P226 Legion and M11-A1, but I'd have no problems taking a precision shot at distance with it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rockchalk06,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
Picked up my new G45 this am from my local fun shop this morning. Feels great in the hand with the large back strap. If this is accurate as my G19X its a real winner. Trigger seams good too.

The G45 is basically a G19X without the special brown coating, without the lip at the bottom of the frame, no plug in grip, no night sights standard and no special spring cups on the firing pin spring. The G45 is an excellent choice if you do not need the options on the G19X.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The 19X is still a Gen4 internally, the G45 is a true Gen 5, that is a significant difference,

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
The 19X is still a Gen4 internally, the G45 is a true Gen 5, that is a significant difference,

And the Gen 5, ROCKS, the G45 takes it to another level, glad you're happy with yours, same here for me, it now ranks as my favorite..

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I just came in from the range. I have right around 500 rounds through my G45. I put Hackathorn I-dot night sights on it. Shoots right on at 10- 15 yards for me.
I've mainly been shooting 115 grain fmj but some 124 NATO and 147 Speer fmj.
I really like the full-size frame without finger groves and the g19 length barrel.
Double taps on steel is lots of fun (I'm no Taran Butler though)

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TENWOLVES:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

And the Gen 5, ROCKS, the G45 takes it to another level, glad you're happy with yours, same here for me, it now ranks as my favorite..

I just sold a P320 Carry today. One, I wanted the cash to play with, but honestly, it feels so much better now with the trigger improvements, grip and finish that I didn't see the Carry getting much use.