SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How big would the target have to be for you to hit it?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How big would the target have to be for you to hit it? Login/Join 
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Factoring in the reloads, about 60 hits at 55 feet in two minutes is easly done.

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
It’s an interesting question. I have analyzed 1125 individual results of a 25m service pistol competition held in my state this year. In this competition 22% of the shooters used a P220, all others a P210. The following analysis is focused on results with the P220 only. (All these pistols where stock, as issued) The target was a standard scaled to distance NRA B-27 as shown in one of the previous posts. Maximum possible score was 180 with 18 rounds. A score of 180 means all of the 18 shots hit the center of the target, the 10 ring. The course was 3 rounds slow fire and 3 repetitions of rapid fire at 5 rounds each in 50,40and 30 seconds, all shot with service ammo, all without sighters.

None of the 245 P220 shooters scored the maximum of 180. Neither did one with a P210(!). Only six shooters did, but all over Switzerland.

The best P220 shooter hit the 4” x 5” center 17 times out of 18 with a 100% shot placement covered inside the 9 . The average shooter of the 10 ten hit the center 15 times with a 100% shot placement within the 9 also. The average soother of the top 50 hit the center 12 times with a 100% shot placement within the 8 zone. In order to get the qualification a score of 157 has to be shot. It means all of the 18 shots have to be better than a 7. If this results was calculated back to 18yds, the average P220 shooter would hit a target zone of roughly 8 x 12 with a 100% probablilty. That’s more or less the size of a legal letter, while a top then shooter would place all 18 on a greeting card.

My personal score was 164 this year. Normally it's 170 +/-2

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Factoring in the reloads, about 60 hits at 55 feet in two minutes is easly done.

by g guns

is that at the barn ? or the barn door?
Eek

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
quote:

by g guns

is that at the barn ? or the barn door?
Eek

He shoots uncannily small groups, so it's probably a knot in the wood of the door. Razz

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
All I shoot is 15 yards and a 12" plate is fairly easy with my shield .45. I move it down to my 8" plate and it gets a lot harder to avoid misses.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post