SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mods you are OK with for an EDC...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mods you are OK with for an EDC... Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I put apex triggers on my glocks...I have big hands and the way my finger is on factory triggers gives me a blister when I shoot a lot....other than that, good sights, and the optic for the MOS guns I carry....I also buy better screws (battlewerx) and plates for mounting the optics to the guns

EDIT: I should also add that I put the Glock gadget from tau battle group on all my defensive glocks too

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevbo,

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't need anything added to my EDC. Sights are not required for my protection, he will be close enough that I don't need them.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARH19456:
I respect those on this forum and am curious as what mods you find acceptable and others you would never consider for an EDC weapon.

Legit = Changing sights
Non-legit = Light trigger

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My EDC is a g19. I put night sights on it and shaved the finger bumps and stippled the front grip.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I often change grips on my 1911s to exotic wood grips. If the pistol doesn't come with night sights, I usually add them.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
What you should not do is buy a gun and start thinking about how to modify it before you've even shot it. Carry and shoot it for a good while before addressing any shortcomings.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trijicon HD Night Sights with the U notch rear and maybe grips if I can find some that fit my hand better.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W M&P M2.0 9mm: Replace the sear with Apex Two-Dot sear. An easy 10 minute task and you will have a significantly improved trigger.
Push out rear frame pin (left to right) - slightly lift sear housing until cross pin as seen on the left is just above the frame - slowly push that pin to right with thumb over sear until you feel the old sear get loose (spring underneath)- replace sear and jiggle cross pin from the right till it is home and new sear is captured (with spring underneath). - push housing back down - replace frame pin from right and Bob's Your Uncle.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with many of you guys here about changing out the sights,especially on plain black sights. I prefer a fiber optic on the front if anything. On my p226/MK25, I swapped out the grip panels for an E2 grip and factory parts.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Not so much a mod, per se, but what I won't have on a EDC pistol is a trigger lighter than 3-ish pounds or something that defeats the safe operation of the gun.
(I've had a few used guns where the SA trigger pull was WAY too light for the way I shoot.)

Otherwise, I've just about modded everything on a EDC pistol to some degree over the years...sights, frame work, lights, red dots, triggers, trigger kits, springs, mag releases, "G" conversions, etc.

Probably the only thing I haven't done to a carry gun is a non-OEM barrel. Not that I see a need on any of my guns...and I'm not adverse to it, but there's only a handful of gunsmiths I'd trust to do it.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
My Berettas get new grips & the LTT TJIAB. G mod if not factory standard & Elite hammers.
The TJIAB makes the 92 eminently shootable.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
For my Glocks, changing out the sights to Ameriglo Agent sights.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post