SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Texas DPS and Sig 320
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas DPS and Sig 320 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Looks like we can add ICE to the list of LE agencies using the P320.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/.../02/22/__trashed-21/

We'll see which other federal agencies seek to buy off this contract.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just read were ICE will be going with the 320 compact in 9mm also .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
The 9mm "equaling or exceeding" the .357 Sig is a matter of opinion, not fact. It all depends on how you 'score' the success. The FBI way over rates penetration in determining what a 'success' is, it's just their opinion.

Plenty of other folks recognize that high velocity, lightweight rounds (the old 125 gr 357 Mag and the ISP 115 gr +P+ 9mm) were extremely effective and would not be considered 'successful' according to today's FBI standards, despite the fact they were historically incredibly reliable manstoppers.

The .357 Sig was built around that dynamic, not the current FBI dynamic. I personally side with the .357 Sig thinking. Yes, nines are somewhat better than they were in 1980, but the principles are still the same. Expansion and tissue damage are a result of velocity, which are qualities I desire in a defensive round. The penetration will take care of itself.

If TDPS has stuck with the original Speer Gold Dot loading, not sure, but maybe the P320 wouldn't even be being talked about. I remember that round, and still have a good amount of it set aside. Just under 1500 fps.

Each picture, the load on the left is the original.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tundrav84wd:
If TDPS has stuck with the original Speer Gold Dot loading, not sure, but maybe the P320 wouldn't even be being talked about. I remember that round, and still have a good amount of it set aside. Just under 1500 fps.

I have some of that old Speer ammo, in the bright blue box, probably never fire it, keep it as a collectable next to the Black Talon 10mm and Lawman .41 Action Express. I do wish the current crop of Gold Dot .357 Sig was closer to 1500fps, but what they make now is still no slouch.

I haven't tried any 357 Sig boutique brands (Buffalo Bore, Cor-Bon, etc.), but I don't really care to load those in my guns, I prefer mainstream factory loads simply to drive past unnecessary court room related nitpicking. And like I said, the factory Gold Dots are still pretty formidable....

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have some of that old Speer ammo, in the bright blue box, probably never fire it, keep it as a collectable next to the Black Talon 10mm and Lawman .41 Action Express. I do wish the current crop of Gold Dot .357 Sig was closer to 1500fps, but what they make now is still no slouch.

I haven't tried any 357 Sig boutique brands (Buffalo Bore, Cor-Bon, etc.), but I don't really care to load those in my guns, I prefer mainstream factory loads simply to drive past unnecessary court room related nitpicking. And like I said, the factory Gold Dots are still pretty formidable....

Underwood gold dot would do the trick

Posts: 636 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I understand your logic. I've been running Underwood 125gn BGDHP ammo out of my HK P2000s for a few years now. 1518 fps was the last time I checked them. You've probably looked at the load on youtube, but if not, it's worth a look. I've got plenty of the current Speer 357 Sig load too.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody know if the used P226's have hit,the market yet? If so, where?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: burnetma,

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Based on a quick Google, here's a partial list:

Texas DPS
Oklahoma Highway Patrol
Hawaii DPS
West Valley City, UT PD
Columbia, SC PD
Novato, CA PD
Sanford, FL PD
Bedford County, TN Sheriff's Office
Pasco County, FL Sheriff's Office
Morris County, NJ Sheriff's Office
Roscommon County, MI Sheriff’s Office
High Point, NC PD
Methuen, MA PD
Westford, MA PD
Jacksonville, AR PD
Hooksett, NH PD
Mishawaka, IN PD
University of Cincinnati PD
Glade Spring, VA PD
Howell, NJ PD
Chester, OH PD
North Miami, FL PD
Stanislaus County, CA Probation
Laredo, TX PD
Ames, IA PD
Lehigh County, PA Sheriff’s Office
Hudson, NH PD
Manchester, NH PD
Scott County, IA Sheriff's Office
Story County, IA Sheriff's Office

Concord NH

Posts: 442 | Location: people republic of Crapachusettes | Registered: September 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a new Smith 2.0 in 9mm no safe , I feels and shoots great the new type grip feels good the trigger is real good but still has a long type take up . I will keep the W-320 C -BSS - PRE gun at my side for now .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post