SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 26 -- What is the "best generation"?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 26 -- What is the "best generation"? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Gen 5 with Trijicon RMR is the best Gen Glock 26. No finger groves is what makes the gun for me. I’ve tried every Gen and this one just fits the best.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I’m actually in the process of building a 26 using a gen 3 frame. I had almost all the parts for the build as left overs from previous builds. I’m just waiting on the recoil spring assembly and will be good to go. It will have all factory oem internals with a (-) connector. Still haven’t decided if I want to put on optic on it yet. I already have a G26L (cutdown 19) with an RMR.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I bought a gen3 right after the gen4 came out. EDC ever since.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I’ve been shooting and carrying a Gen4 for a little while now (just passed the 2,000-round mark - it’s hardly even broken in, ha-ha!) while my son has a Gen5 - I need to try them back-to-back.

I like that Gen5 RMR setup pictured above!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
Over the years, I’ve owned a 2.5 and 3 and still have a 4 and a 5. I actually like the 4 the best. The 3 always squirted around in my hands a bit and the texture on the 4/5 has taken care of that problem for me. The 4 with no backstrap just feels perfect to me. Even though I’m a lefty, I find the am I slide stop of the 5 just gets in the way.

Posts: 329 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the good experience.
What is a Gen 2.5?

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
What is a Gen 2.5?

Basically a Gen 3 with smooth finger grooves. These were the earliest G26s, before the Gen 3 proper came out.

Not a true Gen 2, because Gen 2 Glocks don't have finger grooves at all. (There are no Gen 2 G26s anyway.) But not a Gen 3, which have textured finger grooves. Hence 2.5.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a gen3 with the “frying pan” finish. I love that thing. I’ve been getting back into that gun after not using it for quite some time. I was on a g19 kick for so long I forgot about the 26. I may take it out tomorrow and shoot some steel with it just for fun.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
Gen 3 trying pan finish here. Absolutely reliable and flawless. Only way I'd upgrade would be to a gen 5.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The gen 5 has replaced the most prone to breakage springs with coil springs. So technically on paper, the gen 5 should be the most reliable and robust generation.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of them

Posts: 113 | Location: N.E.Ohio | Registered: August 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a Gen 3 and it was great. I sold it for some stupid reason and then missed it, so now I have a Gen 5. It's also great. I prefer not having finger grooves, but it's not a big deal either way.

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really they're all fine. The lack of a light rail and overall small frame mean just buy whatever grip texture you like best.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post